shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for expert purchasing advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

connell

Rough_Rock
I have the opportunity to buy a diamond I have found in the classified ads of a local newspaper. The specs are as follows:

Weight: 1.51 Ct
Clarity: I1
Color: H-I
Depth: 62%
Table: 69%
Pavilion Depth: 46%
Crown Angle: 36%
Girdle: Medium to thick
Culet: None (abraded)
Polish: Good
Symetry: Fair

The specs were taken from an appraisal done by a GIA Graduate Gemologist in conjunction with the execution of a will, which left the subject stone with a granddaughter who now wants to sell. Any advice here? The appraisal set the value of the stone (for insurance purposes) at $9,000. I can probably get the stone for 1/3 of that price. Am I missing something? I haven''t seen the stone yet, so that could spoil the whole deal. I would appreciate any comment from you guys.
thanks.

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I don't like to step on peoples dreams but this one is a nightmare. The diamond is seriously over valued on the appraisal and the diamond has almost everything wrong with it. If it was recut, which it needs, you might get an ok 1.00 carat out of it. Even if it gets a very nice cut, it will still be an I I1. Pass!

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
DimonBob - I have to agree
Don't jump on this one...
Wait and see.

You'll get advice that's fair and true
The folks in this forum
Help you know what to do!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hi Connell!
wavey.gif

I am not an expert. Just a regular person like you. But, I'd listen to Diamond Bob on this one.

I checked your specs against the cut charts and could not even match it to a Cut Class.

I personally would not consider purchasing this diamond.
1.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Yowza! This is a stone that was definitely cut for weight and not beauty!!! It may seem like a deal but the reality is that you get what you pay for when you buy a stone like this...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results