shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for Examples of MRB in Cushion Bezel (true or faux)

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you happen to currently have or previously owned, or have perhaps saved examples of MRBs set in a cushion-shaped head, can you please post pictures or a link to your thread with pictures if you have/had one? I’m looking for visual examples and potential inspiration ideas in my quest to decide on a three-stone setting for my ACA.

Below is one example of what I’m talking about if it helps. I’m not sure what to call this or to enter for a search term when trying to find other examples. Thanks in advance! :wavey:

Attachments

• 5779F43B-4B88-459F-9837-FEA5DB9156C4.jpeg
    5779F43B-4B88-459F-9837-FEA5DB9156C4.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 162

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Disregard... didn’t catch the “cushion” part :wall:

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
August vintage just posted this. Maybe @Rhino can post a rending that has a round rather than a cushion.

Just have to imagine it as a modern round.
1572729153463.png

Eriica Winters, Jin
1572729599877.png

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are my yellow gold and diamond studs - 1ct each. I designed these, tho there are MANY similar designs, and they were made by BGD.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much everyone; lots of great examples posted so far.:appl:

@rockysalamander I have that CvB one saved as well; it’s stunning and I love the graceful curvature of the outline.

@CHRISTY-DANIELLE That’s a great faux-bezel example from SS; gorgeous!

@mrs-b I love those earrings of yours!

Krisking

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Screenshot_20191102-195207.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191102-195228.png
    Screenshot_20191102-195228.png
    968.2 KB · Views: 163
  • Screenshot_20191102-195218.png
    Screenshot_20191102-195218.png
    722.7 KB · Views: 173
  • Screenshot_20191102-195339.png
    Screenshot_20191102-195339.png
    1 MB · Views: 146

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would the Tacori Dantela count? Not sure it’s a faux bezel tho

It is an example of of the ‘look’ I am trying to find examples of ... round diamonds in a cushion-outline ‘head’. I am not set of a bezel, non-bezel, etc. Really just trying to find different examples of those two elements.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
I was considering this style before, so I have some photos saved.

This is my favorite, Leon Mege's Cold Fushion ring with mrb center.

1572794924206.png

Also love Victor Canera's Lillian.

1572794969300.png

Here is one I found on 1st Dibs:

1572795354133.png

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
This is a tiny example, prong set in a square bezel (was supposed to be octagon but that is a subject for another post) 20191031_155417 (1).jpg 20191031_155417 (1).jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for sharing more beautiful examples; I so appreciate the extra inspiration as I continue to doodle ideas in the limited spare time I have these days. Work & life has been quite busy and chaotic lately that I’m having a hard time finding time to simply enjoy my new ACA even in casual glances/observations.

@dreamer_dachsie I actually drew up one version very similar to the one you posted with my diamonds’ proportions that I LOVE, but I need to play with it more to get the bezels ‘just right’, as I’m not loving the angle from the side view and want it more vertical than angled, if that makes sense.
E256D7DA-A49C-474A-A385-2E9448734CA7.jpeg

The example @Rfisher mocked up gives a good ‘real life’ visual of how my rendering above may look, and I’m thinking I may actually prefer the diamonds bezeled vs. prongs, so I will have to play with that some more. I also have a similar concept drawn to the example of VC’s Lillian which @DorotheaBrooke posted, but in a three-stone version; it’s not ‘finished’ the point of the example I posted above yet though as I keep tweaking it here and there.

I think my problem is I have about 3 consistent ‘themes’ or concepts that I keep waffling between, and am having trouble honing in on one that is my favorite or conceptualizing a design that encompasses the aspects of each in a way that appears cohesive. When time allows, I sit down and choose one to work on, tweak, etc., then come back to it later.

I know I definitely do not want a dainty or delicate design nor do I want a halo; I want/need something that is more ‘durable/bullet-proof’ for everyday wear. Also, the three stones will already be a lot of ‘bling’ for me and the ACA‘s size is still something I’m adjusting to, so a halo just doesn’t make sense for me and would make the overall size of the ring too big/much for my lifestyle.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rendering?
Awesome skills
:clap:

Thank you! I use the Adobe Sketch app on my iPad Pro to draw out my ideas and mock things up - either on the fly or more detailed like the one I shared above. If I had to do that with actual paper & pencil, it’d NEVER look like that. :lol:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing
Sorry to hijack your thread - but have you seen any examples of round stones in round faux bezel? Is there such a thing?
Plenty of round in cushion / octagon.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing
Sorry to hijack your thread - but have you seen any examples of round stones in round faux bezel? Is there such a thing?
Plenty of round in cushion / octagon.

I don’t recall specifically, but I’d be happy to do a quick mock up for you to visualize if you have a round bezel example you like.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t find any round faux (like the cushion or octagon) bezels at all!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t find any round faux (like the cushion or octagon) bezels at all!

What type/cut of stone are you thinking about (MRB, OEC, etc), what size (in mm) is it, and what sort of ‘prong’ are you thinking would hold the stone inside the faux bezel (claws, single, double, tabs, dots, etc)? I’d be happy to mock something up for you.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that three stone rendering you did. It looks amazing, I personally like the prong/faux bezel thing because it allows you to see the whole diamond, nestled in its little protective "well". I suspect with that kind of setting the "lip" of the bezel can be a little shorter than the lip on a true bezel, so the metal doesn't protrude so far up beyond where the diamond girdle is, and that is a nicer profile look to me because you can better appreciate the crown of the diamonds. You can also unset the diamonds without wrecking the setting, if you ever wanted to reset back into a solitaire or something or switch the sides for colored gems...

My previous setting was this kind of faux bezel. It was absolutely a tank and you could wear it wherever whenever with no worries at all.

My former setting with a faux bezel:

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to also thread jack but I’m stuck on my research re faux bezels and found this thread helpful.
@Rfisher @the_mother_thing @dreamer_dachsie did you/would you do a faux bezel just for added protection or is it an aesthetic you like? Is it only necessary if the diamond girdle sits above the octagon?

I’m having drawings done soon, should I ask for a faux bezel with this style mounting? I don’t think there’s one .... 79233AE8-75F5-4DFD-A31A-EE016A581B87.jpeg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure what you are asking... that image you posted is the same style of mount as my ring, which we are calling a "faux bezel". So there is nothing to add to the image you attached! It is already what we are talking about.

I think some people like it for the look, some for wearability, some for both. It makes the diamond look much larger too!

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
Oh eek lol oops sorry, I thought The faux bezel was another bezel/strip of metal that sits flush around the girdle of the diamond in addition to the octagon shape around the claws.

It seems some have this “cup” and others don’t. My question is why that is?

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here are a couple I've saved....I love your notion of a round 3 stone in a cushion bezel! I just saved settings for a single stone, not a 3 stone version, but at least you can look at the different elements:

1012_0.jpg

670_0.jpg

dizzie.png

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh eek lol oops sorry, I thought The faux bezel was another bezel/strip of metal that sits flush around the girdle of the diamond in addition to the octagon shape around the claws.

It seems some have this “cup” and others don’t. My question is why that is?

Still not sure what you mean... can you post examples of each?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results