shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for examples of bezel settings for an Emerald Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

esumsea

Shiny_Rock
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for an EC Diamond and think it is time to address the setting. I love the bezel setting and would appreciate if you post pics of simple bezel setting (no pave in the bezel but pave on the band ok) so we can get inspired. We are probably going to go custom seeing that my girlfriend is an architect and I studied architecture and graphic design (I even took a jewelry class
emwink.gif
). I am looking for something delicate that encloses the girdle but also shows the pavillion. I think I prefer the verticle hold (long side perpendicular to the band) but would not mind seeing examples of horizontal held bezel setting. I don''t want something too ornate. Please post picks or links. Any comments and concerns about bezels are also appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Mario

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Here''s one from Etienne Perret. etienneperret.com. He could customise it any way you like. I love his bezels!

EP_EmeraldCutHighHalo.jpg

sera

Ideal_Rock
Check out Leon Mege, he would create the most elegant bezel EC ring!

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
That''s cool and interesting. I also liked the L.M. sets that someone posted. Whatever you decided, you must let us know. I have an EC and love seeing others'' settings and ideas. Good luck and have fun.

esumsea

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Jeannie, Angeline and Sera.

Yeah, I have heard of Leon, but he is probably WAY out of my price range of $1300-$1600 (hopefully lower). I have looked at many bezel settings, including everything posted here in the last three years (that I found through a search). I am just looking for new settings and anything anyone has seen around. I have attached some preliminary drawings were are making. Hopefully it will work.

Thanks,
Mario

Attachments

• ACAD2000-band[1] Model (1).pdf
    22.6 KB · Views: 107

esumsea

Shiny_Rock
Here is another attached PDF drawing...

Attachments

• ACAD2000-band[1] Model 2.pdf
    23 KB · Views: 91

esumsea

Shiny_Rock
and another.....

Attachments

• ACAD2000-band[1] Model 3.pdf
    23 KB · Views: 101

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the ideas you have, and my sister is soon to be getting engaged and the ring we (my husband, her b/f, and myself) are designing is an east-west bezel set emerald cut with a split shank.

For any metal bezel setting for a step cut, I would suggest beveling the inner .2 - .4 mm - it visually extends the diamond, and makes my .71 ct. Asscher look at least a full carat, if not more.

If you'd like to see pics of my beveled bezel set Asscher halo, click on my profile and check my photo gallery.

Good luck!

esumsea

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Lauren!

Your ring is really nice. Can you explain what you mean by beveling the inner .2-.4 mm> Do you mean covering .2 mm around the girdle?
Also, I have now researched pave diamonds and have found some threads about them falling out. IF anyone wants to weigh in on pave diamonds, channel set, and shared prong settings for pave, the differences b/t them and how they look I would appreciate it because I am confused!
Regards.
mario

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
You can see the beveling in her avatar. Look at the halo surrounding her stone. I love it!

esumsea

Shiny_Rock
Ah! Thanks for clearing that up! So, she was talking about adding .2 of more metal around the stone to make it appear bigger? That sounds like a good idea but I think my GF wants a delicate look with a thin band (3/16 thin) and that might make the halo look too heavy. We will experiment with our drawings. We have a pretty good jeweler (H & H, in coconut grove, fl) who is going to make the ring. It is based on his design. I will talk it over with him.

Best Regards,
Mario

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results