shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for emerald cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilh

Rough_Rock
I''m looking for an emerald cut. I want the ratio around 1.3 or greater so it looks rectangular, color D-G, clarity IF-VS1, 1.3 - 2 carats.
According to gemappraisers.com and what I''ve read, the depth/table can be a little difficult to judge without seeing the diamond. Most say having both around 60-65 is best.

I found this one on dirtcheapdiamonds.
Carat Weight: 1.54
Color: E
Clarity: VVS1
Shape: Emerald
Depth: 63.3%
Table: 61%
Polish: VG
Symmetry: GD
Culet: N
Girdle: TN-M
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 7.62 x 5.88 x 3.72

It seems like a good price as well at $10,847.

Also, I''m interested in a modern looking setting that''s a little different. I like the bezel-set Lucida look from Tiffany''s. I thought this tension setting was cool too. I''m looking for other setting suggestions that keep the diamond closer to flush with the ring.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

jenny

Rough_Rock
wow! I used to want that kretchmer ring! but when i tried them on they just didn't do anything on my hand. I have short fingers and it just made my fingers look manly! my fiance and I wanted the cleanest band we could find he had mine custom made after we couldn't find anything that we felt was right! but trying to find the tension settings was hard! but i agree they are beautiful!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THAT's my dream EC
1.gif
Really, no more comment on either C (including cost, which seems standard). Of course, E-VVS can hardly qualify for a bargain. If I would be even more picky than I am, I would ask for some light return check (if this is of any concern for you): if anything is harder to find than an EC that's not overly deep, than one with great optics surely is.

Are you happy with the proportions? That's a rather square-ish EC you got, as exemplified in this picture. BTW, that E-VVS2 has one of top light management talents Ecs may get. Actually, the only better from this point of view I could show online is nearby (THIS ).

As for the setting, I could not agree more, indeed. How about a Ti tension setting like the one you have pictured? Something close to the lucida bezel (but even simpler) is made by Etienne Perret: it is a version of this model, and there is a lower version of the same on his site. This can be made for an EC if you ask.

jenny

Rough_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-precious-t11656.html

that's what he made for me its a radiant! i'll try to find some of my old sites i visited when we were looking.

ilh

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the quick replies and suggestions!!

There's also this one:
Carat Weight: 2
Color: G
Clarity: IF
Shape: Emerald
Depth: 65%
Table: 62%
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Culet: N
Girdle: M -
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 8.79x6.03x3.92

for $17,206. It is almost a 1/2 carat bigger than the one earlier, more rectangular and IF to boot. But the color drops from E to G. I've read the cut and clarity is most important with the emerald cut because less facets show off more imperfections. A G color shouldn't be visible to the untrained eye, right?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are a few thing here...

1) the second stone is something I would not call a "balanced" choice: clarity is overkill, color relatively low compared to where you left.

2) it may be that EC show more color and clarity, 'cause of their lesser sparkle, but this does not mean that VS are not eye clean and G not white.

I must say, that light return in them is such a rarity, that going for it if you can will result in a trully remarcable stone, regardless. As for the rest: no one can really tell you if you will like G versus E color (side by side they may look different to you); No, you do not have to go above Vs2 to get a 100% certain eye clena EC. Sure enough, I've seen enough SI1s eye clean EC, and VS is eye clean hands down.

NOTE: GOG sports an EC with Very high light return on his site... with that kind of specs, the piece rubbs shoulders with most rounds out there in the light. Even if this is not your goal, it is still worth a look.

manechka

Rough_Rock
check out these pictures
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-with-ring.10345/

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Check out the emerald cuts on this page. All the info is at your fingertips. With any other stone, you'll need to consult the vendor to find out how it will perform.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The parameters of the stones you are inquiring about are good,depth ,table etc.,Just make sure to divide the length by with so that you know the ratio of the stone ,that will tell you if the stone is long/short or rightly proprtioned.the right ratio is approx. 1:1.50 for a long rectangular stone.
As far as color & clarity are concerned I think that if you go with d-f color and vvs2-vs1 qality in a 2.00 ct+. This way you will have the best of both worlds,high color and a stone that weighs over 2 carats.
Pricewise,they are ok, but I have seen them/similar stones for less money.

1.gif

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results