shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for diamonds, help needed!! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockyGuy

Rough_Rock
Hi, I''m newbie here, and I''m looking for a diamond for my wife. Any comments about this one? Will strong blue have negative effect on it? Thanks!
AGS, ideal cut, G, VS2, 1.54ct.
. Depth %: 61.3
. Table %: 55.4
. Crown Angle: 34.8
. Crown %: 15.6
. Star : 52.3
. Pavilion Angle: 40.7
. Pavilion %: 42.9
. Lower Girdle %: 76.8
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 7.44-7.47X4.57
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Strong Blue

RockyGuy

Rough_Rock
IS image, is it good?

IS_image.jpeg.jpg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful. Just call and ask them if there are any negative effects from the strong blue. They''ll let you know. But I''m guessing since it''s an Expert Selection, it''ll be lovely.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Should be gorgeous!!!! I have a stone with strong blue and it''s clear as day. Most times, it''s nothing to worry about unless it makes the stone appear cloudy or milky. But I doubt that''s the case here. Just ask them for their honest opinion. I bet it''s a stunner!!!!
36.gif

RockyGuy

Rough_Rock
Is strong blue fine with G color? or make it look whiter? Thanks for your answers.

RockyGuy

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have G with strong blue? Please share some thoughts.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful cut, stunning diamond! I don''t know if many here have a SB G but someone might chime in.

RockyGuy

Rough_Rock
Thanks. Just talked to the vendor about strong blue, and know if putting this diamond under direct sunlight, it looks like a glass of water with some powder; that''s the only slight effect on it. Do you think if it''s still good to buy?

RockyGuy

Rough_Rock
Can anyone give me some advice?

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
We just purchased a H color diamond with strong blue fluor. In direct sunlight, it gets a blue haze to it . . . I wouldn''t call it milky or powdery or even oily but it looks like a deep blue lake, particularly those formed on glaciers. That is the best way I can describe it. It doesn''t bother me, I have actually grown to REALLY love that aspect of it. I too was really nervous about the strong fluor and the only suggestion I would have is to have it shipped to you and take a look for yourself. Good Luck, wish I could be of more help.

RockyGuy

Rough_Rock
Thank you, hikerchick. I read most posts here on strong blue, some like it, some mentioned strong blue won''t be helpful for G color, I went to several local stores, unfortunately didn''t find any diamond with strong blue.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/31/2007 3:17:40 PM
Author: RockyGuy
Thanks. Just talked to the vendor about strong blue, and know if putting this diamond under direct sunlight, it looks like a glass of water with some powder; that's the only slight effect on it. Do you think if it's still good to buy?
I never really look at diamonds in direct sunlight anyway, as I find it not as attractive as other sunny environments.

If the discount is strong enough, I wouldn't mind.

RockyGuy

Rough_Rock
Thanks, JulieN.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results