shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for dainty e ring setting for .65-.75 diamond

alongcat

Rough_Rock
Hey people!

My fiancee and I are looking to create an engagement ring for me and we are looking at a round BGD diamond, probably from the Blue range as you get a bit more carat for your money, though we have also entered talks with Whiteflash for an ACA diamond. They seem slightly less pricey but v similar in cut from what I gather. I'm hoping we can find a .75 or so, ideally color F, budget around $3500.
However, I cannot find a dainty setting anywhere - and by that I mean definitely no more than 2mm thick, preferably a lot less so near the diamond. I would prefer a six prong but will consider 4 prongs, 14k white gold. Any suggestions? I don't care about fancy brands, just a pretty setting, maybe similar to tulip / cathedral style, which can sit flush against a wedding band. I know BGD can do custom but I suspect that is out of our price range.

A setting that would make the ring 'pop' would be fantastic, I think the tapering does this well but any further advice would be so great.

Thanks all! :)

alongcat

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1454457495|3985896 said:
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/melissa-18k-white-gold-5366w18http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/classic-truth-solitaire-18k-white-gold-5369w18

Thank you Gypsy! That is actually really pretty! A little more expensive than we were hoping for, which is why 14k gold is probably more our budget. That said if we get the stone and setting from the same place it won't cost to get it mounted... I don't know how much mounting costs so have to research! =)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ask them to do it in 14kt.

alongcat

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1454459560|3985916 said:
Ask them to do it in 14kt.

You know I did consider that but I though the custom fee aspect would cancel out any price saving... Worth looking into though! Thanks again!

alongcat

Rough_Rock
Thanks! That is very pretty too :)

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
I have the BGD tapered half round. It is very dainty, too much so for me actually and I wish I had the regular half round. They wouldn't do it in 14k though. My stone is .74

_1753.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results