shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for Asscher help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jac3

Rough_Rock
For the past few months, I’ve been doing my homework and trying to learn as much as I can about diamonds in general and Asschers in particular. Now that I’m ready to start seriously looking to buy (in the next several months, I hope), I think I know what I want, but I don’t know what it should cost. My criteria (I think) are:
Asscher cut
2-2.5 carat
F-G
VS1-VS2

I know there are other variables and dimensions to consider, but based on what I have read, I think that the basics listed above will get me a really stunning diamond. Should I be looking at different criteria?
Just as importantly: Does anyone have a sense of what something like this would cost? Is a $20k budget unrealistic? And do you think that prices will be impacted at all by the economy over the next 6-12 months?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
20k should get you what you want.
For that size the best bet is contact gog and have them bring in some for pictures and videos.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The basics are table under 65, as square as possible under 1.04 l/w, crown height over 10% and depth under 70%
The rest needs pictures.

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
you should be able to find a gorgeous 2ct G/VS2 for 20K. I agree with Karl... contact Jonathan at GOG. GL!

jac3

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for your insight. I''ve been doing a lot of looking on this site and have gotten great information. I''m still curious, though: Do you think that prices will be impacted by the economy? I haven''t shopped for diamonds before, but do you know if previous economic downturns/recessions have had an effect on diamond prices.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I agree with Storm that 20K should put you into a 2ct in the G/VS2 range ( F/VS1 might be pushing it price-wise)
IN terms of prices- there was what I consider a "bubble" where the prices went up at a faster rate then we''d seen in quite a while- this happened in the beginning of 2008.
Lately the prices have gone back to where they were at before the rise.

I also agree that photos are going to help a lot if you''re shopping online.

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results