shape
carat
color
clarity

looking for antique repair referrals!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kschmid5

Rough_Rock
hi all, I am considering having my diamond reset in my art deco ring- here''s the thread with the pictures https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-2-way-decent-picture-of-my-e-ring.46134/
I want to make sure I don''t have to get the work done twice!

- the ring is an estate piece, bought as is, possibly from the 1920''s, although we can''t be sure.

I''m looking for referrals to jewelers who can do or specialize in antique repairs, or if people have ideas on the types of questions I should ask a jeweler in order to assess their ability to do the work required.

thanks for your help!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/25/2006 4:54:13 PM
Author:kschmid5
hi all, I am considering having my diamond reset in my art deco ring- here''s the thread with the pictures https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-2-way-decent-picture-of-my-e-ring.46134/
I want to make sure I don''t have to get the work done twice!

- the ring is an estate piece, bought as is, possibly from the 1920''s, although we can''t be sure.

I''m looking for referrals to jewelers who can do or specialize in antique repairs, or if people have ideas on the types of questions I should ask a jeweler in order to assess their ability to do the work required.

thanks for your help!
Hi Kristine:
35.gif

Well I have had plenty of custom work done and recently had a repair/refabrication on a ring of mine from Bob & Carol Ahern of www.ahernbrucker.com. Their phone number is under the contact info on their site. Repair Work is usually not a problem after assessing what ecactly you want done. Carol is a master goldsmith who has been working with fabrication and design for nearly 30 years. Really nice friendly people who are kind of old school at their craft of fabrication,repair and custom design. Carol really knows what she is doing and can most likely best assess how to approach your situation after you were to speak with them.

Hope this helps and that is a really nice looking ring you have there..
35.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
I''ve alway gone to the best/high-end estate jewelry shop in my area, and had their benchman do any repair work...

widget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results