shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for and Online Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tiger15

Rough_Rock
I am looking to purchase a diamond ring and need a little help. Found, what I believe to be a good diamond, at www.avos.net. Haven't heard to much about them, was wondering if anyone has dealt with this jeweler in the past. I believe they are located in L.A., also should purchase the diamond without seeing it first. I only saw the GIA cert. and appears to be a good cut. Any advice, please help.

Thanks......

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi :)

I don't have any information for you about Avos. Perhaps someone will come along who does. What is their return policy like? Can you take or send the diamond to an independent appraiser and have time to return the diamond if you don't want it? Make sure your appraiser does not sell diamonds, that the diamond matches the cert, that the diamond hasn't suffered any damage, etc.

Some vendors will send the stone to an independent appraiser like Dave Atlas, www.gemappraisers.com, prior to your paying for the diamond. I don't know if Avos will do that. If Avos doesn't own the diamond, you may find it on the pricescope listings and can then decide if you'd prefer to buy from another dealer. There are lots of diamonds out there so you can often be choosy about the vendor. Take a look at the vendor table on the site to see what services they provide and then double check with them.

If you'd like any help with cut determination, ask for a Sarin report on the diamond and post that information along with the information on the GIA cert.

Use a credit card if possible.

Hope this helps.

Tiger15

Rough_Rock
Thanks very much lawmax. They have a 30 day money back return policy, so I plan on taking it to get appraised just to check out the diamond. They seem like a good place and are a member of the better business bureau. I got a copy of the GIA, and it seems like a good stone (although this is new to me). You mentioned to make sure the appraiser does not sell stones, why is that? Also waht is a Sarin report?

The info on the GIA report is as follows:
Emerald 1.06
E color
VSI
Dimen 7.15*4.94
Depth 67.4
Table 63
Girdle Thin to Med
Culet none
polish VG
Symmetry VG
Fluorescence Faint

Does that sound like a good stone?

Thanks again Lawmax, I will try and get the safrin report.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results