shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for an opinion about resizing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

echase

Rough_Rock
I’m a little confused as to what size I should get my new engagement ring resized to. Here’s the deal. Back in September my boyfriend and I went ring shopping, and we determined that my ring size was a 5.75, so in December, when he bought my ring, that is what he purchased. Well, now the 5.75 is too loose, almost to the point of falling off. I’m thinking this is because the weather is colder now, and therefore my hand is smaller than it was in the September heat. (I live in Houston, so it gets pretty hot.) So we went to a jeweler to see what size would fit, and it seems like a 5.25 is currently the best size. My concern is when it gets hot again, that the 5.25 will be too small. I know temperature affects the size of my finger, I just didn’t realize it could affect it to the point of half a ring size. A 5.5 is still a little too big, but would this be the right choice? It seems like it will never fit correctly during a certain time of year no matter what I choose.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely do not make it too small. I''d have sizing beads put in, or some girls get some kind of temporary thing from Claires to use. Once you have the wedding band on, they will fit more snugly. You are right that most of us have looser rings in the winter. But that calls for a temporary solution as you don''t want to resize your rings twice a year!

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
is your current ring a slightly different mm than the sizer or the one you tried on by chance?
The smaller the band in mm''s the looser it fits. A thick band in the same size as a really thin one will fit tighter.

echase

Rough_Rock
The ring is 3mm.. I don''t remember how it compares to the thickness of what I tried in September, it was just one of those metal sizers with all the different ring sizes. I didn''t know that made a difference, good to know. I guess I should just play it safe and do the size in between. (The 5.5). I''m just afraid of making the wrong choice, since I have to live with it forever!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results