shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for an Independant Appraiser and more

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
Hello everyone. Let me first say this is a fantastic website loaded with information. I''ve been reading around for a while now and finally signed up the other day.
36.gif

I''m currently looking to find a nice 1ct radiant and have been getting information from JA on a few different stones. I''m aware that these stones can''t be picked ''on paper'' because of how they each vary visually from one another... that seeing is the ticket, but JA doesn''t have an approved appraiser in my state. Are any of you able to recommend a reputable company/person that I could possibly have these stones sent to here in northern Utah so that I don''t have to travel out of state to see them? If not, I know Neil Beaty in Denver comes highly recommended, I''m just trying to keep the costs down (aren''t we all) and don''t want to travel to Denver if I don''t have to. Of course I haven''t contacted Neil yet either so don''t know if his schedule would even allow it any time soon.
17.gif

Also, I have IdealScopes, sarin reports and magnified images of several stones that I could post up if you guys would like to provide some guidance on the numbers side of things. I''m able to have up to three shipped and I think that''s what I''d like to do so that I''m able to have the best selection. I did go to a local B&M store to see some stones as well. They had a super sparkly 1.15ct E S12 that was gorgeous, but it''s got an EGL certificate and is in the same ballpark of the VS1/2 diamonds with GIA certs that JA has been showing me so I''m not completely sold on it even though it''s beautiful.

Thanks in advance for any assistance or information provided.
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, thank you for the welcome and your response. I did however previously look on that link and Utah isn''t a selection able to be made, that''s why I posted in hopes one of the members (or one of the appraiser members) would be able to recommend someone here in Utah.

Thanks again.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would certainly be happy to have you come visit and have had clients come from as far as Ireland and Singapore but, that said, I certainly understand the inconvenience and expense associated with the travel. You might be surprised at how much we can do by email and over the phone using photographs and some of the testing equipment I have here. It may be worth the savings to have the dealer(s) send the stones in, I’ll report to you by email and you can narrow down your selections. When you’re reasonably confident in your choice I can ship it to you for a personal inspection or back to the jeweler for setting.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Jewelry Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results