shape
carat
color
clarity

looking for an engagement ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sweber

Rough_Rock
I dont know a whole lot about all of this. but after reading up on some things and taking a look at some different online sites and "real world" stores I have found a ring that I really like, I am wanting opinions.

Click here to see the ring

Is there a place I can get a similar ring for cheaper or better quality for the same price? thanks!
1.gif
1.gif
9.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Check out the vendors here on PS.
Happy hunting. Beautiful choice.
Nan

Sweber

Rough_Rock
any vendors any of you would suggest? I'm very new to all of this, any good links would also be a great help. how safe is online purchase of an engagement ring? how quickly do they ship.?

thanks!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I dreaming or they don't even mention puny details such as color and clarity? For the respective sum they should
14.gif

Also, 3/8 is 0.37 last time I checked and 1/3 0.33 - the three could really be of the same size - given no details whatsoever on the cut of those stones. Gee! Isn't there anything better to do with the respective sum ???

Ok... then. The setting looks like a CC of an Ingver 3 stone - nothing exotic. Also, HERE's a better version (or at least the picture seems to show better finish and my taste says "nice line").

And for the stones... Assuming you would want one 0.4 to 0.5 cts and two sides of about 0.3cts each:

The sides would be about $800 both (based on the price for side diamonds of 1/3cts each and D-F, VS quoted by Dirtcheapdiamonds - I would not expect allot of variation in this area if another seller provides them).

And in-keeping withe the color of the sides... The center could be: THIS sparkler.

These are very nice stones, with top color and clarity and cut
1.gif

The bill would be the same for the Whiteflash ring as for the version you pointed out. All stones would be colorless and top clarity. Quite a difference, I suppose, from not knowing nearly any quality aspect of the merchandise
11.gif

You can repeat this exercise of stone and setting finding for any of the sellers mentioned here (or anywhere, really) - and these would be quite a few to begin with.

Hope this helps
1.gif

Sweber

Rough_Rock
i will be calling the helzberg and getting details on the ring today as i did not write them down or remember them after looking at so many different options
2.gif

I will post the specs after lunch and you can give your opinions then.

thanks for all the help!!!
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I know Helzberg. I think you could do soooo much better if you "build" it yourself. IE: picking the center stone and mounting separately. Click on the "vendors" at the top of this page. Also check out the vendors in you area. Read alot on this site and you will learn more as well. They'll put almost anything in a prong in a "maul" store and call it a diamond.
Nan

Sweber

Rough_Rock
Here are the specs:

1 carat total

Center diamond
carat: .38
color: e-f
clarity: I1
cut: GIA certified
polish: good
cemetry: good

Side diamonds
carat: .30
color: e-f
clarity: SI1-SI2
cut: GIA certified
polish: good
cemetry: good

Let me know you thoughts

love.gif

Lisa B.

Rough_Rock
Don't do it!! Build your own...if you give your budget (because you mentioned that you wondered if you could get the same look cheaper) I'm sure that people would put together some ideas for you, you and your intended will be so much happier with the outcome.

Sweber

Rough_Rock
my budget is up to 3000-4000.

I like simplicity and I also like the look of the ring I mentioned and the ring that valeria101 mentioned White flash ring and Helzberg Ring

I am lookign for something where the center diamond is not set much higher than the diamonds on the side.

all ideas are welcome, right now i am looking into white flash.
1.gif
9.gif

Lisa B.

Rough_Rock
Okay...I'm not great at this, but this is what I found. Others, please give your opinion ect...

I love the 3 stone setting at Whiteflash, I also found some nice stones to go with it. I'm not sure how to put links in, so these will have to do. From WhiteFlash's expert sections. A nice center diamond. scores a 1.5 on the ACA http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-548847.htm...

And to match with it as side stones...http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-630799.htm and http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-630804.htm

Total price...$3524.00

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I made a 3 stone ring at blue nile with a 0.46 H VS2 AGS0 stone and 2 0.30 G VS1/VVS2 stones with the platinum setting for $4177. I'm trying to figure out if I can link to the ring I created or not.
Custom Three-Stone Diamond Ring

Ring information: Platinum Three-Stone Setting for Round Diamonds
Average customer rating

Price: $1,025.00
Stock #: 4202
Diamond information: 0.46-Carat Round Diamond
Clarity: VS1 Depth/Table: 61.5% / 56%
Color: H Polish: Ideal
Cut: Ideal Symmetry: Ideal
Fluorescence: Negligible
Price: $1,267.00
Stock #: LD00243927
Your Sidestone: 0.30-Carat Round Diamond
Clarity: VVS2 Depth/Table: 60.5% / 57%
Color: G Polish: Ideal
Cut: Ideal Symmetry: Ideal
Fluorescence: Negligible
Price: $902.00
Stock #: LD00241132
Your Sidestone: 0.30-Carat Round Diamond
Clarity: VS1 Depth/Table: 60.7% / 55%
Color: G Polish: Very Good
Cut: Ideal Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: Medium Blue
Price: $983.00
Stock #: LD00223598
Total: $4,177.00

GlitterGal

Shiny_Rock
Hi Lisa,

Wow! This is a great combination that you found for Sweber, provided the stones are eye clean (in particular the center stone, as the inclusions for the side stones at first glance appear quite minimal, but of course, should have an eyeballing as well). Based on the specs, the e-ring seems it would be a real sparkler!
21.gif

Kindest regards always,
Linda
wavey.gif

Sweber

Rough_Rock
i really like the style of these 2 rings:

Bile Nile Platinum Round Three-Stone Diamond Ring (1 ct. tw.)

White Flash 3 A Cut Above Diamond Ring

what are the sidestones like on the "A Cut Above Ring"? I could not find any info about the diamonds on the side? are they included with the ring or are they ordered seperately..i did not see an option for ordering the sidestones.

I want the sidestones to be close to the center stone, I do not want the Center stone to be alot higer than the side stones.

do any of you know of any rings similar to those 2 above?

Thanks!

Sweber

Rough_Rock
if i got the BlueNile 3 stone setting and had the of the ring something like .4 on the sides and .5 in the center would the center look less raised than it does in this image:

DM15504100_prof.jpg

Lisa B.

Rough_Rock
Sweber,

The side stones do not come with the Whiteflash setting. If you look at my above post, you will see that I included side stone options. I believe you can get a larger total carat weight designing your own ring through Whiteflash or another vendor than buying the pre-made ring at Blue Nile.

sluke

Shiny_Rock
Sweber, if you are going to go with Whiteflash, be sure to mention Pricescope for a discount. They are very helpful. I got my ering there.

Sweber

Rough_Rock
well sort of, my first name is but i go by my middle name, scott
2.gif

where can I customize a 3 stone ring on white flash?
when i chose this ring here:

a cut above (3 stone)

it just gives me an option to select the center diamond. and after i select that it does not give me an option to select the side stones.???

my only option then is to "add to shopping bag" where can i add the side stones??

can anybody help..
15.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 4/28/2004 10:41:28 PM Sweber wrote:

where can I customize a 3 stone ring on white flash?

blockquote>

E-mail them. The setting does not come with the sides... I suppose. If you want the center stone set lower (just a hair anove the sides... right ?) you can mention this too. Whiteflash works better with some communication involved. I am not aware of a "build your own" function on their site - so, in exchange, you get to talk with them and ask for exactly wat you want
1.gif

I can't believe the price Hzb qioted for I1 clarity
sad.gif

Sweber

Rough_Rock
yeah, after looking at a few places online I realized that Helzberg was overcharging.

Right now I am taking a look at the 3 stone (round) setting from blue nile. I really like the look of this ring.

Is there anything i should know about ordering form blue nile?

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
If price is no object than go for it, some other posts on this site have suggested Blue Nile to be expensive compared to other vendors from this site. Good luck

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a catch with these "Ideal Cuts" everuwhere - there is no generally accepted standard. BN gives less info on their stone than the smaller fish lurking around this site - understandably so, I suppose: the info alone would weigh as much as the diamonds (remember the angels on the pin?) if BN did to their stones what Good Old Gold does!

I suspect that the "Signature" stones at BN are rather nice, even though the description is not extremely detailed (just reassuring). Not sure they will withstand a hair-splitting comparison with the "A Cut Above" handpicked crop at Whiteflash and the yet-to-be names hoard to champs at GOG.

These being said, not everyone is hunting the 'perfect' cut, and I can totally understand this.

Best of luck
1.gif

Sweber

Rough_Rock
the one i was going to get was the one where you select the side stones from blue nile. not the on that comes with the side stones.

this ring (i get to pick the stones)

are their any other good sotes to order a ring from?

Lisa B.

Rough_Rock
Sweber,

Take a few minutes and go back and re-read the posts again. I think that we have tried to give you the best advice we can...You also asked for other vendors, Good Old Gold and Dirt Cheap Diamonds (GREAT ONES!)were also mentioned in the responses.

Good Luck!

Sweber

Rough_Rock
here is what i have put together from blue nile:

platinum ring
$1,025

center diamond
$1,503

Carat weight: 0.45
Cut: Ideal
Color: E
Clarity: VS1
Depth %: 60.3%
Table %: 57%
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Medium, faceted
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None

side diamonds
$1,246

Carat weight: 0.28
Color: D
Depth %: 61.9%
Table %: 56%
Symmetry: Very good
Girdle: thin to Medium, faceted
Culet: small

Depth %: 62.6%
Table %: 55%
Symmetry: Very good
Girdle: very thin to Medium
Fluorescence: medium blue

Total:
$3,774.00

what should i be looking for with side diamonds?
will the ones that I chose match? how can I tell if the sidestones will match or not?

Thanks!
9.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matching sides... would be done by matching tables (at 2% difference these match) and diameters (missing from info given).

Some would not mix and match fluorescent diamnds among the rest - while I do not entirely subscribe to this logic, I thought I'd mention.

It would be nice to have those angles, but with the rest of parameters tight enough and size (diameter) and table measures matched for a couple of ~0.3 cts, it is hard to go wrong.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These two make a good (actually... perfect) match to me:

BN's browser does not effortlessly let one comapre stones by size (you get the weight and the GIA cert proportions on the 'comparison' table)... so one needs to open & tile a bunch of windows. So a random set of comaprison criteria get 'suggested' by default.
1.gif

The pieces below can be retrieved by stock numbers.

BNmatch.JPG

Sweber

Rough_Rock
so i should look to have all the tables equal?

for example all three at 56%

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think 1% shows anywhere - it just so happened that those two I picked had them the same, and were so very close in every other respect (not bad, but not compulsory either).

The sides woudl work nicely with the center you picked up.

I hope BN does a nice job mounting the stones - the three really are very desirable.
1.gif

One thing I would ask BN before getting the ring;

The setting is shown with a ict center and 1/4ct sides - and just a hair of a GAP between the stones. I hope they do use differently sized settings for the smaller center - otherwise there will be some dark space between the stone, which most would not consider consistent with the 'picture perfect' ring.

Sweber

Rough_Rock
new ring idea:

here is what i have put together from blue nile(ring 2):

platinum ring
$1,025

center diamond
$1,503

Carat weight: 0.45
Color: E
Depth %: 60.3%
Table %: 57%
Girdle: Medium, faceted
Culet: None

side diamonds
$1,246

Depth %: 62.4%
Polish: Very good
Culet: very small

Depth %: 62.7%
Symmetry: very good
Polish: excellent

??
which of the 2 I created are better??
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results