shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for an Appraiser in SF Bay Area that does Sarin/Gemprint...Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CoitTower

Rough_Rock
Can anyone point me to an appraiser or a place I can get a Sarin/Gemprint of my loose diamond in the SF Bay Area. I have a limited time period and would like to get the information verified before committing fully to the diamond. Does anyone have any suggestions in the area?

Thanks!

buttercup

Rough_Rock
Did you mean Gemex instead of Gemprint?
I thought i read somewhere that Shane Co. in Cupertino, CA has a sarin on premises. I don't know if they'll run one for you, but maybe they offer appraisal services and can.

buttercup

Rough_Rock
If that doesn't work out, go to Derco. Apparently they will match the internet prices if you print something out from pricescope or whatever. And I've heard they stock ALOT of AGS rocks, so you might not need the sarin.

mtnclimber69

Rough_Rock
I live in SF and called them... Derco that is. They sounded way overpriced and would not comment on matching or beating online prices... maybe you know someone we don't.

buttercup

Rough_Rock
"Before you buy, find your best internet deal, then go to Derco Jewelers in the Jewelry Mart/Gift Center in South of Market. You need to make an appointment. Ask for Judy"
I've heard this about Derco a few times.

http://www.diamondtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=12583

here's an account of a customer that had a good experience there
http://www.diamondtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=11999

CoitTower

Rough_Rock
Nancy Stacy is booked solid through April (working out of town and deaths in her family) I'll try Shane and Derco. And I did mean Gemex, as I'm trying to validate the cut as well as document the diamond. I have bought a diamond through Blue Nile and feel like I got a decent deal (Round Brilliant, .92c, F, VVS2 62%56% VG/VG for about $6000). It has GIAs but I want a little more documented detail before I set it. But I want to get it appraised and such before the 30 day return date is up. SF just doesn't seem to have many appraisers who do this stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results