shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for advice on diamond

premio

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I'm fairly new to diamond and recently started shopping for my engagement ring. Is this lab-grown diamond ok?

diamond.png
Carat Weight: 1.05
Color: D
Clarity: VVS1

Depth %: 61.7%
Table %: 54%
Girdle Thickness: Medium - Sl.Thick
Girdle Condition: Faceted
Culet: None
Crown Height %: 16.0%
Crown Angle: 35.0°
Pavilion Depth %: 43.0%
Pavilion Angle %: 40.6°
Fluorescence: None
Grade Setting Inclusion: Pinpoint
Inclusion Location: Lower Girdle
Clarity Treatment: None

1. It is rated as 8x by GCAL. As I understand GCAL is fairly new to diamond certification as compared to more established ones (e.g. AGS and GIA), will there be any issue with the certification and reliability?
2. Are the proportions (table %, depth %, crown angle and pavilion angle) considered ideal?
3. What is the expected price range of this lab-grown diamond or others with similar specifications?

Thank you and appreciate any advice on your thoughts whether this diamond is worth it!

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you sure the video is of the right stone? The proportions are theoretically great, but the video shows a weirdly proportioned stone that doesn't work.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
This stone is cut in the Solasfera style - I'd suggest watching some videos on youtube about Solasfera. They're not for everyone. They're still ideal-cut, but they don't have the same proportions as an 8-main round cut, since they have 10-main symmetry

premio

Rough_Rock
Are you sure the video is of the right stone? The proportions are theoretically great, but the video shows a weirdly proportioned stone that doesn't work.

It's the Round 10 H&A from JannPaul. I took the video from the GCAL cert. Sorry I'm pretty new to diamonds, what do you mean?

premio

Rough_Rock
This stone is cut in the Solasfera style - I'd suggest watching some videos on youtube about Solasfera. They're not for everyone. They're still ideal-cut, but they don't have the same proportions as an 8-main round cut, since they have 10-main symmetry

I did some search online, could it be because the stone is a Round 10 H&A from JannPaul? What are some of the things to watch out for 10-main symmetry rocks?

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I did some search online, could it be because the stone is a Round 10 H&A from JannPaul? What are some of the things to watch out for 10-main symmetry rocks?

Same things you'd look for with any stone. You'd need to see the advanced imaging. Ask for an ASET image and Heart and Arrows imaging.

Is this stone from JannPaul? If it is, you don't even need to ask any more questions or do any more work, to be honest. They're the best of the best - I wouldn't have a moment's hesitation to buy anything from them - they're the only company I'd buy from sight unseen.

Do you have a link to the GCAL certificate, or know the cert #? That certification would have the advanced imaging included on it

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ooooh ok, I didn't know wtf I was looking at with the video since I couldn't get it to pause so I could count how many h&a there were. If it's from jann Paul and you like that look then you're all set!

premio

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! What is the price range to expect for the diamond above offered by JannPaul? Just want to make sure I'm not overpaying for it, as I compared noticed many other retails online such as Blue Nile and James Allen with slightly lower price for LGD

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! What is the price range to expect for the diamond above offered by JannPaul? Just want to make sure I'm not overpaying for it, as I compared noticed many other retails online such as Blue Nile and James Allen with slightly lower price for LGD

Keep in mind that JannPaul is custom cutting their unique line of diamonds and have an extremely strict QA process from diamond rough to finished product, complete with full vetting of cut precision and optical performance analysis...BEFORE it even goes to the grading lab.
Here is a link to their pricing guide, LGD in the bottom half:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results