shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for advice on Champagne diamond prices

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

Just found this site, and thought I''d put a question out to all. I''m looking at purchasing a pair of champagne diamonds for earrings. They are C4-5, VS2, 1.3 C each, 2.6 Total. Flashy fire and nice color. The dealer is asking $4900.00 for the pair.

Does this seem like the going rate? I have monitored EBay, and notice some for much less. I''m concerned about buying site unseen though, the colors really vary.

Any advice from anyone? Any suggestions on where to shop for some?

Thanks JoangA
loopy.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
If they're nice looking C4-C5's, the pricing doesn't seem unreasonable.

With champagne diamonds it's a good idea to purchase based on the right of return if you're not happy how they check out with an independent apprasier.

There are great looking C4-C5's, and then there are not so good looking C4-C5's.

If the color and light performance is pleasing to your eye, then these probably fall in the better looking category.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Sounds nice. I think the price is a bit high, though. Are these simply brown or something like orangish brown or yellowish prown or pinkish brown and so on??

frizzy_dt

Rough_Rock
I recently bought a champagne ring C5/C6 SI1 1.51 ct (orangeish hue to the brown) center with two white diamonds vs2 G .54 tcw around it for $4000.

So to me your price sounds good, but make sure they look good and even.

Yes, a secondary color will look good.

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the advice, I ended up buying just one diamond after all. I'm please with the color, it's C5 with flashes of orange. I was having a hard time with $4900.

I'll have it made into a ring later, I'm thinking of setting it in a George Sawyer band.

Thanks again, I'll be back. I certainly love my diamonds and pearls.
loopy.gif

hera Anderson

Rough_Rock
I'm looking for colored diamonds, so may I ask where you acquired the diamonds?

Hera

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
Sure,
Actually I searched around the internet, doing as much research as I could. I also looked in stores frequently to view as many as I could.

Then I went to a local jeweler, and she had numerous pairs brought in for me to look at. I was reluctant to purchase them on the internet as I thought it important to see the color, there is a lot of difference.

The jeweler is Willow Glenn Custom Jewelers, in San Jose Ca.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Ah. I've heard great things about Willow Glen, though I've never been there personally.

frizzy_dt

Rough_Rock
most stores can order what you want

joker4674

Rough_Rock
I have a 2.67 carat brown diamond. 408-768-9414

joker4674

Rough_Rock
I have a Cognac colored Diamond. 2.67 carat, Brilliant cut SI2 for sale. Does anyone know where to sell this? Is asking about $2500.00 to $3000.00 ok?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results