shape
carat
color
clarity

looking for advice on a Whiteflash diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indeed this is one tickety boo rock, a fabulous example of an ACA!! Do you have it reserved yet?

lowjim

Rough_Rock
I don''t but I suppose i have to decide at some point on a diamond, i''ve been looking long enough. I think i''ll contact them to hold it for me,
thanks again for the advice.

One last thing i was thinking either of these settings, what do you think?
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/-Legato--Sleek-Line_1118.htm
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/The--Legato--with-Micro-Pave_1071.htm
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/4-Prong-tiffany-style_994.htm
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Classic-tiffany-style-Knife-Edge_1137.htm
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Heavy-tiffany-style_715.htm

I love the Tiffany style settings as i was just in Tffany''s today in Singapore and the Whiteflash ones are very similar but i do love the Legato ones too. Dont know if the sleek line one covers too much of the diamond though, the Legato Micro Pave is beautiful but may be too thin for my girls hands, hmmmm. Decisions, decisions,
Jim

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jim those are all gorgeous settings and you can't go wrong with any of them! My preference is for the Legato with pave, I love that scoopy head which would look stunning with your rock, but you know your girl best - maybe she would prefer the simpler Legato or Tiff style, especially if she has a more active lifestyle. But I think the Legato pave is gorgeous and the thinner band helps really showcase that lovely size diamond....
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous diamond, and I also love the Legato with pave the best!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
P.S. Where is tickety-boo from? Is it a British thing? I like it!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/22/2007 8:30:31 AM
Author: thing2of2
P.S. Where is tickety-boo from? Is it a British thing? I like it!
Hehehe....I think it may be a Brit saying as most know what you mean when it is said! I think it might come from the twenties when people used to say things like " oh - that is absolutely topping, spiffing - oh rather!!" etc, or it could have come from the WW2 era of military origin.

You have got me interested now, off to research....
34.gif

Here you go - one explanation!

http://www.ticketyboo.co.uk/

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
You just cannot go wrong with an ACA diamond!!!! *S*

Congratulations
MWG

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
It looks like a winner. Now reserve that diamond, while you''re deciding about a setting!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2007 11:57:05 AM
Author: risingsun
It looks like a winner. Now reserve that diamond, while you''re deciding about a setting!!
Ditto!

And I''m adding "tickety-boo" to my diamond descriptions! I like it.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/22/2007 12:00:30 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 10/22/2007 11:57:05 AM
Author: risingsun
Ditto!

And I''m adding ''tickety-boo'' to my diamond descriptions! I like it.
9.gif
face20.gif
I think that description is a keeper!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the tickety-boo explanation, Lorelei! That''s definitely a keeper!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/23/2007 8:53:53 AM
Author: thing2of2
Thanks for the tickety-boo explanation, Lorelei! That''s definitely a keeper!
Most welcome!

curt2.gif

lowjim

Rough_Rock
Always liked the Legato with Pave from the start so i reckon thats the way I''ll go.
thank you all for your advice or as i say here spiffing old chap, top hole and pip pip.

Thanks again,
Jim.

lowjim

Rough_Rock
p.s.
The phrase seems to have first appeared around 1939, although slang etymologist Eric Partridge asserted that it dates to the early 1920s. Partridge also believed that "tickety-boo" originated as armed forces slang. If so, it may be a relic of the British colonial presence in India. One of the leading theories about "tickety-boo" traces it to the Hindi "tikai babu," meaning "it''s all right, sir." A similar phrase common in the British Army in the mid-20th century, "teek hi" (meaning "all right"), was apparently drawn from the Hindi "thik," meaning "exact or precise."

Another possibility is that "tickety-boo" arose as a modification of "ticket" as found in the phrase "that''s the ticket," meaning "that''s exactly right" or "that''s what we need" (as in "Hand me that big wrench -- that''s the ticket."). Of course, "that''s the ticket," which dates back to about 1834, has its own slew of possible origins, ranging from a garbling of the French phrase "c''est l''etiquette" (meaning "that''s the proper thing or course of action"), to soup tickets given out to the poor of the day, to (the most likely origin in my opinion) a winning lottery ticket.

:)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2007 1:31:13 AM
Author: lowjim
Always liked the Legato with Pave from the start so i reckon thats the way I''ll go.
thank you all for your advice or as i say here spiffing old chap, top hole and pip pip.

Thanks again,
Jim.
I say Jim, I hope we can expect some topping photograpic plates of the old diamond and its spiffing setting when it is done!
3.gif
What ho!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 11:25:52 AM
Author: Lorelei

Thanks again,
Jim.
I say Jim, I hope we can expect some topping photograpic plates of the old diamond and its spiffing setting when it is done!
3.gif
What ho!
Showoff.
20.gif

And, you said ho.
6.gif
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2007 11:30:22 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 10/27/2007 11:25:52 AM
Author: Lorelei

Thanks again,
Jim.
3.gif
What ho!
Showoff.
20.gif

And, you said ho.
6.gif
9.gif
so i did....
6.gif
emangel.gif
12.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I must admit to using "tickety boo" on quite a regular basis
9.gif
, but then I am a Brit.

I have always thought the hindi basis was the true one...

Nice diamond, by the way!

lowjim

Rough_Rock
I''d lean towards the Hindu version myself. Use it quite a bit but I''m a Brit also. Find myself using bamboozlement a lot these days too.
thanks again for all the advice, appreciate it. I''ll put some pics up when i can prise it off my good ladies finger to take some,
all the best,
Jim.
oh one last thing. My fiance is a UK size N and a half and I''ve looked on a few sites for English/American ring conversion, some say this is 6.75, some say it a size 7. Anyone know which site is right?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results