shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for advice on a stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SnuAnimal

Rough_Rock
Hello all. I''ve been browsing these forums for a few days and I first wanted to say what a great community this seems to be. Now down to business:

My girlfriend and I have been looking at rings and I think I''m set on a Ritani solitaire (http://www.ritani.com/ I think it''s the one on the left) and now I''m trying to find a stone to top it off. I''m pretty much looking for an ideal .75-1.0 ct, D-F, VS2 or SI1 (clarity being the least important as long as it''s "eye clean")

I found several on the pricescope search that look good to me but I keep going back to one in particular:

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-231170.htm --I''m guessing this stone is eye clean but I haven''t actually asked yet

Some others that jump out at me are

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-232071.htm --Slightly better color & clarity for only a little more money, but not ACA

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-231197.htm --Same color & clarity as the first (though it LOOKS cleaner in the close-up) for a bit less money, but again not ACA.

What are people''s opinions on these? Will my girlfriend or her friends be able to tell the difference between the 3? I''d love to be able to see all 3 in person but I''m afraid that''s not in the cards.

Thanks in advance for your help!

~Nick

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, all of these stones are great. You really can''t go wrong here, and I doubt there would be much of a visual difference between them. My personal preferences are for number 1. The numbers are really cherry for what I like and I love the F/SI combo, icey white with a value. I also tend to pick an ACA over and ES when the prices are similar since they are hand picked by the folks over there. I would ask if it''s eye clean before purchase and don''t foget to ask for the pricescope discount if you end up purchasing from them.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Snu,

Either of the F''s would be my pick. If you had them side by side, I doubt you could tell the difference. If you want the absolute best, just because, get the ACA (IF it''s eyeclean). If not, save a good chunk of change and get the other, which will still be an outstanding diamond.

SnuAnimal

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies. After speaking with Sheerah at WF and hearing the stone is eye clean at 8 and 25 cm I''ve decided to go with the ACA. I can''t wait to see it in person!
emsmiled.gif

One more question though: I''ve read other posts on the subject so I apologize if I''m being redundant here, but what are people''s thoughts on an independent appraisal for this stone? From what I''ve read WF has a great reputation, and I''m debating whether or not to get it insured (my first thought based on the cost is no, but my girlfriend can be a bit clumsy at times
emangel.gif
) so I can''t really see any reason for one. Thoughts?

Thanks again for all your help!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WF will give you an appraisal for insurance purposes from what I understand, after seeing some mishaps here over the years I would say DEFINITELY insure it in my opinion. An independant appraisal you can do if you wish, but WF are a very reputable company, so it is up to the individual whether to get the independant appraisal or not. Diamonds may be one of the hardest substances and difficult to scratch, but unfortunately on rare occasion they can and do chip with an unlucky blow or fall. So to protect your investment, insurance is the way to go, also to protect against all other eventualities.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
That is a great choice! I considered that one when I was choosing my .831 last week from Whiteflash. Congrats! I saw the RESERVED sign.
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I could go either way as to whether you should see an appraiser. If you want peace of mind, why not take it in? You are probably fine, but either way please please please insure your ring!!! WF does provide paperwork that can be given to the insurance company.

SnuAnimal

Rough_Rock
Well I got my diamond today and all I can say is WOW
30.gif
I''m glad I did some looking online as this puts pretty much everything I saw at the local B&M''s to shame (and for a much better price). Sheerah at WF was a pleasure to deal with and the whole process almost seemed too easy.

After a little more thought I think I''m going to take everyone''s advice and insure it. I''m guessing I''ll need a new appraisal done once the stone is actually set in the ring? I think I''m going to keep it in a safe deposit box until I''m ready to have it set so I don''t have to worry about anything happening before then.

Thanks again to everyone for their input. I''ll be lurking in the Proposal Ideas forum while I save up for the ring
emteeth.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results