shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for advice - help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

UGACHL

Rough_Rock

Lurker turned poster now that I am narrowing down my decision. Looking for advice on this purchase. What Im generally looking for:

1-1.2 ct round brilliant

D-F

SI1 and up

I have these two diamonds in mind:

http://www.whiteflash.com/round/Round-cut-diamond-508772.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-553257.htm

Which one should I go with? Any other suggestions?

20.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The second one is much better cut.
Then the question becomes is it eyeclean?
The only way to know is to contact them and ask.
There is a largish crystal under the table that might be eye visible.

Honestly I think there are better diamonds out there in that price range and would keep looking.

UGACHL

Rough_Rock

Thanks-

Should I looking for something smaller?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2004 4:25
6.gif
4 PM
Author: UGACHL

Thanks-

Should I looking for something smaller?

Id drop down to g/h/i color keep the si1 clarity and good cut and move up in size.
But thats me.
Have you looked at different color diamonds face up and at ring distance to see when color starts showing for you?

UGACHL

Rough_Rock

I might be particularly sensitive to color... I could tell the difference between D and F ranges, and even able to tell the difference in F and G. I am planning on having it set in white gold in a standard solitaire four prong.

Thanks again for your help.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2004 4:32:13 PM
Author: UGACHL

I might be particularly sensitive to color... I could tell the difference between D and F ranges, and even able to tell the difference in F and G. I am planning on having it set in white gold in a standard solitaire four prong.

Thanks again for your help.

No problem.
Ok you may need to stick in the higher color range then.
hmmm that D does have a nice price but it seems a little low for an eyeclean stone.
Id call and talk to them about it.
It might be eyeclean and if it is the price looks good.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hm... the one question about this D/SI2 is... are those crystals colorless ? Black under the ''scope does not men "black" but reflective - it simply shows those scattered inclusions reflecting light. If the GIA inclusion plot and whatever the diamond looks like under 10X does not bother you, this may be just fine. Besides, WF provides some terrific clarity pictures
1.gif

DSI2xzse.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

F/SI1 by any chance ?

1.gif

/images/site/d_lost.jpg

UGACHL

Rough_Rock
Any suggestions? I want something that is eye clean and is a good value. I wouldnt want to go below an F in color grade.

UGACHL

Rough_Rock
Since the GIA reports do not contain the angles, I find it difficult to discern quality "cuts". Here is another stone fitting the profile listed under "ideal cuts" by dirt cheap diamonds:

http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=3086672

Any opinions on this one? It seems like a good value from here...

UGACHL

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Hest.

Not sure why, but Im sensitive to color differences. If I set a G stone in a white gold setting - would it look "cleaner" or pick up any of the "silver" tones?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Hm. If you''re abnormally sensitive to color I''m not sure...A G is pretty darn white to most people. Yes it will pick up silver from a silvery ring, but it also shouldn''t look the least bit yellow by itself--especially face up.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results