shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a vintage wedding band

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone

I would like to update my wedding band which is just a plain yellow gold comfort fit band.

My E-ring is a pear shaped diamond on a knife edge band.

I would love to add a new wedding band preferably with a bit of sparkle (budget won't stretch to many diamonds may have to settle for chips)

My budget is probably only around the $300USD mark which I know is low.

Am I best to scour Ebay for a bargain? Are there any other places I can hunt online? I am also looking at Ruby Lane. I am in Australia.

Any advice on hunting for vintage pieces would be great.

Also would a vintage band be ok with a modern setting?

My ring is similar to this

ering.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay first of all beautiful pear!

What are you aiming for with a band? Do you like floral or do you prefer a sleeker look to go with your knife edge e-ring. I think you can get diamonds if you are looking at pre-loved vintage, they won't be huge but it would certainly add a little extra sparkle.

What is your ring size and did you want to stay with all white metal?

Right off the top, Gilded Times comes to mind, he usually has new old stock:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could browse here just to get an idea of different styles:

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys :) I will be looking at both of those links now while I am supposed to be studying :)

My ring size is O or P

I am flexible on the metal. As the knife edge band is yellow gold I can go with mixed metal which I don't mind the look of.

I am a bit all over the shop I love the floral type bands but not sure it would work with my knife edge.

These were a few I saved that I liked

Really appreciate the links. We don't have a lot here in Australia to choose from.
WB4.jpg WB3.jpg vb1.jpg WB.jpg

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
I did see this one which I liked the sides of but not much in the way of diamonds. It was quite cheap as well about $200 AUD. It probably wouldn't sparkle much not many diamonds.

wbeb2.jpg .

wbeb.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh pretty bands! One thing to keep in mind is the height so that last one (in your original post with the prong set diamonds) may be too high.

This is another shop with a good variety, some knife edge, some floral and some with diamonds. An etoile (scattered diamond) band would also look nice if you like that look but to get good quality diamonds it may be out of budget:

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@StephanieLynn thanks I was worried about the height. I will take a look at the shop above as well :)

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some more options - i didn't look at size but none of them are eternities so should be able to be resized. Also I've bought happily from Wilson Brothers and Gilded Times.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much @StephanieLynn for all those links. I really like the first and last ones and have saved them to my etsy list.

@Matthews1127 thanks I love ivy and rose but struggling to find anything in my price range sadly.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your welcome! Just double check the shipping because some Etsy sellers will only ship internationally certain places.

If you find some you like, come back and share, we love to see all the rings ;-)

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much guys wow I have such a long list on Etsy now it is scary

@foxinsox thanks for those I have saved them both. Never know if I make an offer might be able to get something done. So dangerous now Ebay has after pay

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much guys wow I have such a long list on Etsy now it is scary

@foxinsox thanks for those I have saved them both. Never know if I make an offer might be able to get something done. So dangerous now Ebay has after pay
OH NO! I didn't know that haha

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so looking at all of the ones people have kindly sent (plus some more) these are the ones I keep coming back to

This one due to its classic Art Deco Style

Can't even say why I keep opening this one?

I like the fact that with this one all you see is diamonds maybe it would be sparkly?

I like this but I would need to resize it and with the exchange rate it is over budget so should probably remove it

This one isn't vintage but it is pretty. Would it work as a wedding band though

Can anyone talk me into or out of any of them?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to be honest and say that the diamonds in some of those bands look like they won't have the sparkle you're looking for particularly the EBay ring, the clarity is I2-I3 which is heavily included.

I'll take a look today and see what I can find for you.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just throwing this out there as another option you might not have considered:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one is really pretty and looks to be in very good condition, the seller does not take returns so not sure how you feel about that:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I like that one that @Slick1 posted too, nice bright diamonds.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
I really value everyones honesty thank you. I also sincerely appreciate the recommendations as well

Sadly the one @Slick1 posted is gone.

I do like this one very much.

I will take another look at ivy and rose. I think I may have accidentally set it on AUD when I meant 300 USD. Thanks for pointing that out @Matthews1127

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So funny thing, I just realized I had that same curved band but a little bit bigger and it is a branded piece, Paul Winston Jewelers which is the PWJ on the inside of the band.

Here is the thread of you want to check it out. The diamonds were really good quality, I did end up selling it but it was beautiful.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@StephanieLynn that is a coincidence. I have never had a curved band but I am quite drawn to that one.

@Matthews1127 I should not have gone down the Ivy and Rose rabbit hole :)I have seen a couple I like very much pushing the budget though they need resizing.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so I have a selection here and I would love you opinions. I don't suppose Ivy and Rose ever have sales do they :lol-2:

This one has very good quality diamonds and has the vintage feel I like. It is pushing my budget especially as it needs resizing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/E-F-VVS1-V...-RING-ROUND-/402152722836?hash=item5da22b9194

Again this one has the vintage feel I like but much less TCW.

This one doesn't have that vintage feel. However is good value for the TCW

This one is a good price but I am not sure the diamond quality is great

Thoughts very welcome

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
You have some winners here!! The only one I am less fond of is the last one.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would rule out the last one from Etsy because of the I2 clarity grade.

Apart from that one the rest look great, which one do you like the most? If you can say "if this one sold I would have wished I bought it" then that is probably the one.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you I will rule out the last one and try and make a decision

Thanks for all the help

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results