shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a thin setting with diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hyer717

Rough_Rock
Been looking for a while and can''t seem to find a setting that I really love. I''m looking to spend less than $1000 and I really want the band to be 2mm or less and it has to have a 4-prong head that sits low (no cathedral). Here are ones I have looked at so far (and reasons why I haven''t purchased them)...

Setting 1
- I really like it but just a little out of my budget.

Setting 2
- I don''t really like how the head sits on top of the ring

Setting 3
- They also offer it in 4-prong but I don''t like how the diamonds on the band look as much as the others, I guess they look smaller?

Does anyone have any suggestions that are similar to these settings and fit my criteria? Thanks so much for your help!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call White flash, tell them you want the Legato Pave, but with an integrated head, instead of a peg like head. It shouldn''t cost more to do that, I don''t think. It''s worth a call anyway.

Lynn''s set is the original for that head style. The "Harmony" has the fishtail pave like Lynn... but it also doesn''t have the right head. Where had Lynn been anyway? Lynn''s thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-gorgeous-new-fishtail-pave-set-from-wf.46129/

Reset8.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
This (GORGEOUS) setting is $1680 in platinum, but it might be in your budget in 18k white gold. You can call for a quote:

Sholdt Diamond Setting

out2dasea

Rough_Rock
check this out
http://www.icingonthering.com/index.php?page=collection&pInfoID=1019&category=25&view=details#

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 10:49:07 PM
Author: Gypsy
Call White flash, tell them you want the Legato Pave, but with an integrated head, instead of a peg like head. It shouldn''t cost more to do that, I don''t think. It''s worth a call anyway.

Lynn''s set is the original for that head style. The ''Harmony'' has the fishtail pave like Lynn... but it also doesn''t have the right head. Where had Lynn been anyway? Lynn''s thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-gorgeous-new-fishtail-pave-set-from-wf.46129/

Reset8.jpg

I love the Legato micropave, and Lynn''s is just gorgeous. I don''t think you can go wrong there!

Darthkim

Rough_Rock
How about this?

This is the setting I got for my fiance. You can see more pictures of it here

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-3-isee2-h-a-on-tiffany-novo-replica.95624/

Give Good Old Gold a call and ask them about Gabriel Novo setting.

I''m estimating that you should be able to get it in platinum for under a 1K. If you prefer white gold, it would be less.

Good luck!

1x1.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 3:59:58 AM
Author: Darthkim
How about this?

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-3-isee2-h-a-on-tiffany-novo-replica.95624/

I''m estimating that you should be able to get it in platinum for under a 1K. If you prefer white gold, it would be less.

Good luck!
Thats a lovely setting!

hyer717

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 10:49:07 PM
Author: Gypsy
Call White flash, tell them you want the Legato Pave, but with an integrated head, instead of a peg like head. It shouldn't cost more to do that, I don't think. It's worth a call anyway.

Lynn's set is the original for that head style. The 'Harmony' has the fishtail pave like Lynn... but it also doesn't have the right head. Where had Lynn been anyway? Lynn's thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-gorgeous-new-fishtail-pave-set-from-wf.46129/

Reset8.jpg

I love the way that ring looks and I had no idea they could do an integrated head. However, the Legato is really pushing my max price and I want to see if I can find something a little cheaper...

Date: 2/17/2009 10:58:44 PM
Author: EBree
This (GORGEOUS) setting is $1680 in platinum, but it might be in your budget in 18k white gold. You can call for a quote:

Sholdt Diamond Setting

Not really into the split beneath the head, thanks though!

Date: 2/18/2009 2:20:59 AM
Author: out2dasea
check this out

http://www.icingonthering.com/index.php?page=collection&pInfoID=1019&category=25&view=details#

Looks great! Very low and in my price range, I will hint about this one to the gf and see what she thinks!

Date: 2/18/2009 3:59:58 AM
Author: Darthkim
How about this?

I'm estimating that you should be able to get it in platinum for under a 1K. If you prefer white gold, it would be less.

Good luck!

This rings looks AWESOME! My only concern is the stone might be a little too high for what my gf likes, but I will definitely show her and get her opinion.

Thanks for the help everyone and keep them coming!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''d say go with the James Allen! It is exactly what you want and is only $100 over your budget. After being on this board for four years, I''ve seen time and time again where people compromise on what they really want and regret it, often paying hundreds more to try to "tweak" it, ultimately resetting in a couple of years. GO WITH WHAT YOU TRULY LOVE!!!

hyer717

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 11:24:02 AM
Author: Upgradable
I''d say go with the James Allen! It is exactly what you want and is only $100 over your budget. After being on this board for four years, I''ve seen time and time again where people compromise on what they really want and regret it, often paying hundreds more to try to ''tweak'' it, ultimately resetting in a couple of years. GO WITH WHAT YOU TRULY LOVE!!!

Thanks for the advice. I just realized today that James Allen does not offer a matching band for the setting #1 above. I kind of wanted a setting that would have an exact matching band. I did see a Martin Flyer setting in a store that I really liked, but it was priced closer to $1600. Does anyone know of any online sites that could possibly sell it cheaper? Here is a pictures of the Martin Flyer setting I am talking about:

Setting 4

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 12:49:56 PM
Author: hyer717

I''d say go with the James Allen! It is exactly what you want and is only $100 over your budget. After being on this board for four years, I''ve seen time and time again where people compromise on what they really want and regret it, often paying hundreds more to try to ''tweak'' it, ultimately resetting in a couple of years. GO WITH WHAT YOU TRULY LOVE!!!

Thanks for the advice. I just realized today that James Allen does not offer a matching band for the setting #1 above. I kind of wanted a setting that would have an exact matching band. I did see a Martin Flyer setting in a store that I really liked, but it was priced closer to $1600. Does anyone know of any online sites that could possibly sell it cheaper? Here is a pictures of the Martin Flyer setting I am talking about:

Setting 4
I second Upradable. But, since you wanted a matching band, I think Gypsy has the right idea. The legato head is GORGEOUS and they can get a matching band no problem.

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Setting 4

hyer717,

That ring does have a matching band, but it hasn''t yet been photographed and loaded on the website. That should be done in the next couple of weeks. Just a heads-up!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Oooo, oooo! There ya go!

hyer717

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 1:05:53 PM
Author: James Allen Schultz

Setting 4

hyer717,

That ring does have a matching band, but it hasn''t yet been photographed and loaded on the website. That should be done in the next couple of weeks. Just a heads-up!

What is the price of the matching band? Does it sit flush with the setting because in the pictures it looks like the setting has a bulge in the band under the head. Thanks for your help!

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
hyer717,

I don't have that information off hand (it's a new product). My hunch is that the band will cost about the same as the engagement ring, as that's typically the case.

Bands can be notched, curved or just left alone. Unless the center diamond is extremely large the gap between the engagement ring and wedding band is minimal.

All the best,

hyer717

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 7:28:04 PM
Author: James Allen Schultz
hyer717,

I don't have that information off hand (it's a new product). My hunch is that the band will cost about the same as the engagement ring, as that's typically the case.

Bands can be notched, curved or just left alone. Unless the center diamond is extremely large the gap between the engagement ring and wedding band is minimal.

All the best,

What is your email so I can get in contact with you?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hyer, I presume the best email address would be [email protected]

This is listed under the "contact us" page on the James Allen website.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results