shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a specific user’s ring for inspiration

seekingomc

Rough_Rock
Hi! A bit of an odd request. I’m looking for inspiration on how to set an old mine cut solitaire and I recall seeing a ring here that I really loved, and now I can’t find it anywhere. I think it was in this forum. I can’t remember the user’s name but I believe her icon is an illustration of a gypsy and she has an old mine cut solitaire in a gold setting. I think it’s a bespoke setting, not antique. Does anyone know who I’m talking about or the post I’m referring to? Thanks in advance!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bezel setting or prong? If you can find a picture online of something close to the one you’re looking for, that might help someone pin it down.

seekingomc

Rough_Rock
Pretty sure it was a prong setting. I honestly don’t remember much about it besides that I really liked it realize it’s a long shot to find it but was hoping someone might recognize the user by her avatar. Thanks for trying!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about a time period you remember from?

Some of us are serial avatar changers.

Cartoon gypsy
Painting gypsy
Photograph gypsy?
Gypsy in what sence?
That might also help.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cartoon gypsy
Painting gypsy
Photograph gypsy?
Gypsy in what sence?
That might also help.

You are so nice, Rfisher! Just struck me when I saw your parameters and the fact that you're going to use your "Queen of Pricescope searching" skills to help the OP!

Happy fishing and good luck to both you and the OP!

seekingomc

Rough_Rock

Cartoon gypsy
Painting gypsy
Photograph gypsy?
Gypsy in what sence?
That might also help.

Thank you for jumping in and trying to help! I know I haven’t given you much to work off of. I think a painted or drawn gypsy. Definitely not a photograph. A gypsy kind of like Esmeralda from the Disney hunchback of notre dame with a headscarf. Totally not expecting to find her. I think I had been browsing for ring ideas back maybe 9 months ago? But I don’t think the post was particularly new and could have been from several years back. If anything sounds familiar, let me know but please don’t dig too much on my behalf! Thank you so much!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe you are looking for @Madam Bijoux . Please look through her threads/posts. Good luck in your search!

That’s who I immediately thought of but couldn’t decide if the avatar in question matched up to the description given here.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I don’t have any mold mine cut solitaires in a gold setting. Good luck finding the person.

seekingomc

Rough_Rock
Hi! I don’t have any mold mine cut solitaires in a gold setting. Good luck finding the person.

Thanks for confirming! I did start to look through your posts and your collection is beautiful! And thank you to everyone who responded so thoughtfully. I’m new to pricescope and appreciate how warm, welcoming and helpful this community is! I’ll let you know if I find what I had in mind :)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, this is an avatar but not from this forum, she does have an old mine cut in a
gold setting but It is not a diamond.

Is this it?

1AF0EB8A-EC5D-4992-AD05-240E2726B7EC.jpeg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I don’t remember what Mjay’s avatar pic was before. But is this close to the setting you are looking for?

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Was it @joelly's "hulk"? I wonder if tinkerbell was mistaken for something else :)

also, setting is WG...

38a9b908-4b5e-4ac4-9d59-8a20a870b030-jpeg.755694

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Yes!!! This is it!!! You’re amazing!!! I can’t believe you found it based on so little / incorrect info! Do you know where I can find this user?

Haha I had a feeling - that’s a memorable stone! Check the link in my post - here it is again.

It’s a very simple setting like this one:
If you’re looking for a setting and a stone, I’d content Old World Diamonds on Instagram. That’s not the same vendor from the post of the ring you liked, but they’d have good options!

seekingomc

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! Looks like @YadaYadaYada found the user! I guess she wasn’t in this forum. Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who pitched in and helped. Such a kind and welcoming community!! ❤️

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
So, this is an avatar but not from this forum, she does have an old mine cut in a
gold setting but It is not a diamond.

Is this it?

1AF0EB8A-EC5D-4992-AD05-240E2726B7EC.jpeg

Sooooo there’s another jewelry forum? Lol. Dare I ask the name of it? I’m already on PS more than I should be…

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooooo there’s another jewelry forum? Lol. Dare I ask the name of it? I’m already on PS more than I should be…

Well it’s really a wedding forum but there is a lot of jewelry posted over there.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@seekingomc, something to know about the setting you’re looking at is it’s made by Schubach’s and it’s their ballerina setting. I don’t believe that they sell just settings but maybe someone who has worked with them can confirm?

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
ok, just because I'm SO curious- when you find it, can you come back and share the inspiration picture you looking for, pretty please? :D

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@seekingomc, something to know about the setting you’re looking at is it’s made by Schubach’s and it’s their ballerina setting. I don’t believe that they sell just settings but maybe someone who has worked with them can confirm?

I believe you are correct.

seekingomc

Rough_Rock
@YadaYadaYada thank you again for all the extra details!! You’re amazing! I found it based on the added info. You’re an absolute sleuth! To everyone who was curious, @YadaYadaYada is right - you can just google the schubach ballerina setting.

I’m a little embarrassed though - after seeing it, it’s not the setting I want. It’s exactly the post I was thinking of but I think I just liked the size of the stone and how the band stacks flush with the e ring, after all that and sending everyone into a frenzy! It was really fun seeing all the different ideas come through though and seeing how this community rallies around a treasure hunt ;-) I did get a lot of inspiration from the various leads and I’m happy to show everyone what I end up doing for the setting. I think it’s going to be a hybrid of a few different antique ring ideas in 18k yg with a somewhat wider band. Thank you again to everyone here!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, better to decide it’s not exactly what you want BEFORE you buy it or have it made. Nothing to be embarrassed about.

Of course if you find that you need some help figuring out a setting, make a post and we will be happy to help!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results