shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a small heart diamond

faded264

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I’ve been a lurker for a long time.

I saw this ring that @jbake owns and I absolutely adore it! I hope it’s ok if I share her picture.

I’d love to recreate something similar. Does anyone have recommendations for the best place to get a heart diamond?

I believe hers is a .38ct K diamond. I’m open to J & K and possibly even lower colors (such as L/M).

Since it’s a smaller diamond, I’m not sure how much cut and clarity matter? Probably cut does, but clarity might have a smaller impact. I’m trying to keep the budget low. I’m also open to pre-loved diamonds.

Thanks in advance! F6DC2E3B-D67E-494F-80D5-8DC73CA9E219.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
James Allen, Ritani...what are you trying to stay under (budget for stone)? Do you have approximately the same finger size as jbake?

Ritani

faded264

Rough_Rock
James Allen, Ritani...what are you trying to stay under (budget for stone)? Do you have approximately the same finger size as jbake?

Ritani

Thanks, I’ll look at those! I think my finger may be a bit bigger than hers, hard to tell from the picture. I’m a size 7.

Ideally stone would be about $500-600, but not sure how realistic that is.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
A really important consideration for a heart is the shape appeal. How much of a cleft does it have… what do the lobes look like, etc.
If you set in a bezel you can “fudge” it a little if not ideal on shape.
Ideal appearing hearts are hard to come by.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I think Diamonds by Lauren would have one or would find a good one for you!
Same with ID Jewelry.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I love the sweet-heart ring.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! The shape is so cute and I love the L color. Thanks, it’s at the top of my list.

That would be gorgeous in rose gold!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo. I like the rose gold idea. I also like yellow gold.

faded264

Rough_Rock
Oooo. I like the rose gold idea. I also like yellow gold.

Yeah at first I was leaning toward yellow gold, but now I’m not sure! Rose gold might be nice as well.

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! I’ve been a lurker for a long time.

I saw this ring that @jbake owns and I absolutely adore it! I hope it’s ok if I share her picture.

I’d love to recreate something similar. Does anyone have recommendations for the best place to get a heart diamond?

I believe hers is a .38ct K diamond. I’m open to J & K and possibly even lower colors (such as L/M).

Since it’s a smaller diamond, I’m not sure how much cut and clarity matter? Probably cut does, but clarity might have a smaller impact. I’m trying to keep the budget low. I’m also open to pre-loved diamonds.

Thanks in advance! F6DC2E3B-D67E-494F-80D5-8DC73CA9E219.jpeg

I love that you love this sweet ring!

I found the heart while browsing James Allen, it was under $400 if I’m remembering correctly.
It is a .38ct K with a faint brown modifier. The ring is a size 6.
Cut gradings on fancy shapes aren’t always reliable. I try to look for a facet pattern that starts in the middle & doesn’t get “mushy.” And as long as the inclusions don’t hinder the sparkle or cloud them, I don’t worry too much about their grading either.

I hope you find a perfect heart! Good luck! I can’t wait to see it ❤️

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

I found the heart while browsing James Allen, it was under $400 if I’m remembering correctly.
Cut gradings on fancy shapes aren’t always reliable. I try to look for a facet pattern that starts in the middle & doesn’t get “mushy.” And as long as the inclusions don’t hinder the sparkle or cloud them, I don’t worry too much about their grading either.

Your little heart really is darling

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

faded264

Rough_Rock

Thank you for the reply! Your heart ring is absolutely gorgeous! ❤️❤️❤️

And thanks for the tip on choosing a beautiful heart diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results