shape
carat
color
clarity

looking for a setting

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So I have $1000 that I could spend on a setting. I want a forever setting for my purple sapphire. It is 7x5 and oval. Where is the best place to get one? Thanks!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What kind of setting are you looking for? A solitaire? A ring with pave? Do you have any inspiration rings?

It is possible that you can use a pre-made setting with the dimensions of your stone.
If you want to have a custom setting, you may contact David Klass. His pricing will probably start at 1300 USD but perhaps he can work with your budget. His rings are casted.

Alistair Kelsey made this ring for me in 18K gold and the price was under 1000 USD. His metalwork is fabulous and he is great to work with. His rings are handforged!

_2347.jpeg

_2351.jpeg

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
livannie|1457458155|4001594 said:
So I have $1000 that I could spend on a setting. I want a forever setting for my purple sapphire. It is 7x5 and oval. Where is the best place to get one? Thanks!
If by "forever setting" you mean like one of Victor Canera's halo settings, then you'll need to go with a commercial setting at your price point, and that may be tough depending on your requirements for melee quality. Stuller, among many suppliers, has lots of halo styles that come close. You can have nearly any jeweler obtain one of these and set all the stones for you:
http://www.stuller.com/search/resul...rimary_stone_shape&facetValues[0].Second=oval

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I would like one with diamonds. Either a paved or halo setting. I could do a little more than 1000$ but not alot more. That ring is gorgeous Acinom! Maybe finding a pre-made setting would be the way to go for me for my budget?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
David Klass can make a solitaire with diamonds in the shank for about 1550 USD in 18K gold. It could be worth it to contact him for a quote and see what he can do in 14K and whether he can work with your budget. Mine was about 1750 USD in platinum. Your stone is smaller which might help?

Ask Alistair for a quote as well.

Hopefully more PSers will chime in for advice on pre-made settings

_2352.jpeg

_2353.jpeg

_2354.jpeg

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Acimon thanks for the information on pricing too. Very helpful. Alistair has made you some lovely rings.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
"Forever" is subjective on PS. LOL I Would look at Stuller, Adwar & NY Findings for a stock setting, bar that, I would enlist the help of David Klass. Often times his pricing for custom surpasses stock pricing for other wholesale companies. He is certainly worth a 2nd look!!

Judy
:)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Correct; don't over look the finished pieces by Adwar and Stuller. JuliaB might also have some halos within your budget.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results