shape
carat
color
clarity

looking for a setting for a 12 x 10 Rubelite oval

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hearinggal

Rough_Rock
If anyone has any suggestions where i can start looking, i have tried on line, and at my local stores. I have a very high quality 12 x 10 mm Oval Rubelite i am looking for a diamond, either pave or carved, white gold antique looking setting with diamonds. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
kate

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know I just bought a 12 by 10 oval topaz. And MAN is it hard to find settings. NOW, mine is native cut and showing extinction so I'm having it re-cut, calibrated so it's easier to set. But yours is stunning, AND well cut already so.... I know a couple of people with larger stones on CS have contacted Wink and have him out looking for them. I'd give him a shot. With all the Richard Homers he sells, I suspect he's got good resources for setting large stones.

What's your budget BTW?

hearinggal

Rough_Rock
thanks for the input who or what is Wink? budget would like to be 1K, saw a gorgeous setting while in Cozumel should have just done it then but i was short on time had to get back to the ship.kate

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
www.winkjones.com

His website doesn''t at all reflect his resources. But he deals with a LOT of colored stones, and settings for them. So he''s a person I would call for that.

The Natural Sapphire Company does have some lovley settings, but I don''t know if they sell them separate or if they require that you buy a stone from them to get one of their settings.

Also, you might want to look at www.adwar.com they are a company the manufacturers settings for jewelers. What you do is find a setting you like on there, call up your jewelers, like Wink or Whiteflash (ask for Leslie she''s awesome and has qouted me a few adwar settings in the past, as for GHI eyeclean ACA melee) and ask them to qoute you for the finishing the setting and setting the stones in it. It is probably the most affordable option for you, and I know when I was looking there were a few 12 x 10 settings on there. I''ll see if I can link you to them. Adwar is a casting company so their settings save you money because they are unfinised (not polished, no stones, just blanks) and all the jeweler has to do is finish the setting (which is be labor and time intensive) and set the stones, and finish the ring. But it saves the casting step... as adwar does that and does it in bulk, cutting the cost down.

Hope that made sense. I''ll see if I can find the 12 x 10 settings I saw that might fit the bill for you.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is one Adwar setting that Wink or WF could qoute you.

12 x 10 Adwar.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s another

12 x 10 Adwar 2.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here is a third. I like this one best, because it would most likely be the most cost effective (less diamonds), has a lovely side view and is set east west.

If you like any of these and want Whiteflash or Wink to qoute them for you, the page number and product number are what they need... If you just link them to this thread... they will get that information, cause I''ve included it. All, if you find something else you like in the Adwar catalogues make sure to give them the product number FOR YOUR SIZE STONE and the page number it was found on. 14K gold would be the most cost effective since you are on a strict budget. GOOD LUCK!

12 x 10 Adwar 3.JPG

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, those are lovely settings. I especially like the east-west one but I''ve been going back on forth on whether the large stone would look ''off'' in east-west setting. My rubellite is oval shaped 9x11 and my finger size is 6. I measured my finger across the top and it''s 15mm so that leaves on 2mm of metal on each side for the halo and the band. I''m not sure if that would make the ring seem very bulky.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it were me. What I'd do is email Wink, set up an appointment time to talk to him, and send him LOTS of pics of your stone. Then ask him for his advice. He might need the stone in hand to offer you the best options for it, but this way at least you get some communication going. He, like Whiteflash, has access to many setting manufacturers that are only known, or only sell, to the trade. So his resources are more vast than ours are.

I just sent in two rings to Wink yesterday, so that he could tell me what needed to be done to them, and to qoute me repair costs.

If my topaz weren't showing extinction, it would probably already be in Winks hands right now, so that he could tell me what my options were. As it is, the minute I get mine back from Jeff White (who is re-cutting it) it's off to Wink for setting suggestions.
2.gif

ETA: I'm about a 6 too, and yesterday tried on a 14 x 12 oval east west with a halo... and you know what? As a cocktail ring, RHR... it worked for me. Wasn't too bulky as the halo wasn't think. I think that the Adwar one with the 1.5 points is likely to be nice, at least it would be for me.
2.gif

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/9/2007 4:36:16 PM
Author: Gypsy

ETA: I''m about a 6 too, and yesterday tried on a 14 x 12 oval east west with a halo... and you know what? As a cocktail ring, RHR... it worked for me. Wasn''t too bulky as the halo wasn''t think. I think that the Adwar one with the 1.5 points is likely to be nice, at least it would be for me.
2.gif
Did you take a picture by any chance? I''d love to see how a large stone in e-w setting looks on hand, esp. since your finger size is close to mine.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t unfortunately. The setting was REALLY HIGH off my finger. Like 15 mm... so I didn''t like it that much from the side and wasn''t interested in purchasing it. From top down though... it was a good look!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
15mm is a bit high. I''m sort of thinking along the lines of this setting and it doesnt'' seem that high. Perhaps Jazmine can respond on the actual dimensions of the setting. My oval is a bit fatter but I hope it would look nice as well.

jazmine ew.jpg

hearinggal

Rough_Rock
Wow that is a gorgeous setting i had my stone measured today and it is 12.2 x 10.7 i was thinking about having it re cut to make it more usable saw a recommendation for Jeff White thought i would contact him. This is the type of setting i was looking for just gorgeous.
kate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results