shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a rough idea of price

sparks1007

Shiny_Rock
I know this is really difficult so I apologise in advance but... I have found a ring I like. The stone settings are nice but the rest of the ring is so-so and one day I may change it but the stones sound good and look lovely. It's a three stone (old European cut) described as:

Centre stone: approx 5.2mm x 3.25mm depth
Outer 1: 4.6mm x 2.51mm depth
Outer 2: 4.7/4.8mm x 3.24mm depth
Estimated 1.38ctw, SI, G/H colour (although they look lower colour than this to me - not a problem, I like lower coloured diamonds better anyway).

Stones set in with original white topped millegrained setting and yellow gallery. I should say the millegrain and gallery are original to the stones which are Edwardian.

Any rough idea of value? I'm just looking for a range - how long is a piece of string right? But any ideas would be hugely appreciated. :) Thanks!

sparks1007

Shiny_Rock
Does $1,500 sound like a lot?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a stone that size it sounds like a bargain. Make sure it's not cracked or something.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I can't offer any opinion about the price, but I would make sure that you are purchasing with a full money back guarantee (read the fine print) and be sure to investigate the seller, check to see if there have been any complaints and if so how/if they were resolved. I'd also recommend that if you do purchase this ring that you have an experienced appraiser take a look at it for you to confirm that you received it in the condition it was sold to you in. I know that you mentioned that you would be ok if the color come back lower then described, but that will also affect the price making your 'good deal' only an 'ok deal' or worse a 'bad deal'.

Sounds like a pretty ring. Do you have photos you are willing to share?

sparks1007

Shiny_Rock
Thanks very much for the input. Here are some photos of the ring:

three_stone_1.jpg

three_stone_2.jpg

three_stone_3.jpg

sparks1007

Shiny_Rock
Here is another shot showing the culet - you can just make it out. The more I look at it the more I really like it.

three_stone_4.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful and sounds like a good price to me. I would buy it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it sounds like a very good price too.

sparks1007

Shiny_Rock
Hi All. Thanks for your help and input. Sadly the seller refused to sell to me because of where I live. I feel that actually, if people are going to be that ignorant then I'd rather not spend my hard earned cash with them.

Back to the hunt. :)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sparks1007|1378647601|3516740 said:
Hi All. Thanks for your help and input. Sadly the seller refused to sell to me because of where I live. I feel that actually, if people are going to be that ignorant then I'd rather not spend my hard earned cash with them.

What in the world??!! Sorry, sparks... it was a lovely ring, indeed. ::)

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sparks1007|1378647601|3516740 said:

UGH! :evil: that is annoying! Was their a customs issue they didn't want to deal with?

sparks1007

Shiny_Rock
I don't know what their thinking was. I haven't encountered the issue before. I live somewhere where the postal service cannot be trusted so I have things sent to friends/family in the UK (using a registered PayPal address) who then bring the things with them when they come to visit. The vendor said it was an insurance issue but I've never had that excuse before and I actually think she judged me based on location - I live in a place with a not-so-positive reputation in some parts.

Anyway, it just wasn't meant to be and, to be honest, my husband didn't love it anyway :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results