shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a reputable vendor for a sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I''m currently on a waiting list for an asscher cut sapphire stone from Jeff White. Can anyone recommend another online vendor that you''ve used and were happy with? Thanks in advance!
2.gif

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
I got my sapphire from Richard Homer, who does amazing concave cuts stones. He''s the best to work with - answers all emails quickly, gives tons of information, and he''s super nice. His website is www.concavegems.com. Here''s a picture of my sapphire set in my e-ring -

LaurelSapphRing3b.JPG

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you specifically looking for an asscher? Or just a great sapphire?

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/7/2008 4:16:40 PM
Author: laurel25
I got my sapphire from Richard Homer, who does amazing concave cuts stones. He''s the best to work with - answers all emails quickly, gives tons of information, and he''s super nice. His website is www.concavegems.com. Here''s a picture of my sapphire set in my e-ring -
Your ring is gorgeous! I should do more research on the concave--- what drew you to this cut? Its very interesting. What is the light return like in the stone?

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/7/2008 5:13:37 PM
Author: neatfreak

I''m looking for a darker blue (but defn. not murky blue). I would most prefer the asscher or a hexagonal or a round-- Since most of my rings are bezel set I think I want to try a pronged setting so perhaps the light return isn''t as important as if I were setting it in a bezel? I have a lot to learn about colored stones I think!

I''ve looked on cherrypicked.com, but they seem a little pricey.. but maybe they''re worth it?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For an asscher cut or hexagonal shaped sapphire (or any gemstone, for that matter), you''ll need to commission a cutter. You are not likely to find a ready cut one from the usual vendors.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/7/2008 10:31:00 PM
Author: Chrono
For an asscher cut or hexagonal shaped sapphire (or any gemstone, for that matter), you''ll need to commission a cutter. You are not likely to find a ready cut one from the usual vendors.
Thanks.
emteeth.gif
Then I guess I''ll just wait for an update from Jeff White about where I am on the waiting list for the asscher.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/7/2008 5:13:37 PM
Author: neatfreak
Neatfreak, how long did it take you to get your asscher from Jeff White? When I contacted him he said its become a very wanted stone and that there were quite a few people ahead of me on the waiting list.
face11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results