shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a really large baroque Pearl.

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
I want something large. I found one but they want almost $2000 for it. Any advise on where to locate who to buy from?

Prefer white. Thanks..

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
What is really large to you? Can it be drilled or not? What type were you looking at that cost $2000.00?

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think you need to firm up your 'want' a bit. Size...shape,,,colour, lustre, type of pearl, set or loose.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I've found some really unique baroque pearls on Pacific Pearl and Kojima Pearl websites.

http://shop.pacificpearls.us/collections/all

This pearl was from Pacific Pearl and I had a local jeweler design the setting for me with some diamonds left over from a ring.

img_0292.jpg

The pearl was $60 and it was perfect on all sides. I could have set it with a minimal bail so the whole pearl would be visible, but I wanted a more interesting setting.

My pearl isn't white and isn't round. It was a blue grey leaf shape with amazing orient. However, it's a very large pearl with a very small price tag. I just couldn't resist it.

They have another one that triangle shaped that I also bought, but I haven't decided what to do with, yet. It's even larger than this pearl.

Here's the Kojima link to their single loose pearls. There are some reasonably priced ($60 - $200) large white baroque pearls listed. It's a far cry from $2000. I have bought large drops from Kojima for earrings and they are gorgeous.

http://shop.kojimapearl.com/collections/loose-pearls

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
I want a pearl for a pendant, with good luster and mostly clean. I am traveling today, will post a photo tomorrow of what I'm looking at.

Thanks for the replays, I checked out the links, but didn't see anything.

Appreciate your time.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
The Pearl Society (on Ebay) has some nice, huge pearls at good prices. Here's a 16.5 mm cream colored south sea pearl pendant I got from them. It's the same pearl that's in my avi. It's not baroque but they do have plenty of baroques:

img_2523.jpg

img_2510.jpg

I got this 16.5mm golden south sea pearl from them too, and also the 15mm gray Tahitian. The ring settings are from Pearl Paradise.

__14_1___2_.jpg

3_rings.jpg

3_rings_4.jpg

Also, a nice lady on here with the screen name "Pkinnew" might have something you like for sale secondhand on the "Preloved PS Jewels" section on here. (Click on "Forum" above, then "Pricescope Café," then "Preloved PS Jewels." I think her listings are on the second page by now).

Pearl Paradise probably has a nice white baroque fireball or soufflé and you can order the setting you prefer (just ask them if it's not listed on the site).

Good luck and please post whatever you get, if you get a chance. We lurve pics!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I agree Sarah at Kojima/Pacific Pearls has many in her studio. See a small amount she put on the table at the ruckus a few years ago Also Hisano Shepherd carries many for her little h line which she hand selects for use in her geode pearl line. See small box BAS was looking though in the vault at PP

ruckus2014_246.jpg

ruckus2014_071.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
If it's a large baroque white south sea pearl, $2k sounds rather pricey.

Do you have pics and measurements of the pearl you saw?

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
Here's a picture:
It's about 44x26x 10 deep. The bail is 22K.

They said it was a Chinese fresh water..

baroquepearl1.jpg

Arialle

Rough_Rock
I never realize freshwater pearl can go up to 2k...
I recommend checking some of the online shops recommended above, you may find a large baroque south sea pearl well under that price...

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I think you should shop around more.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I think $2000 for a Chinese FW pearl is a very steep, even with a gold bail. I agree, look around some more. I've gotten some amazing, large baroque pearls from respected online vendors for under $100 that could compete with that one. And I've seen some rounder ones for under $400 that could be more like what you're looking for, although the ones I have in my head are all sold, so look around.

Also, send an e-mail to some of the vendors. Send them the photo and say you're looking for something like this in this size, and let them find you something. I've had good luck with Pearl Paradise, Pearls of Joy, Kojima and Pacific Pearls. They've all found pearls for me.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
What the earlier posters said. Plus you may want to blacklist the store that tried to blatantly rip you off - don't go back again! I won't pay $200 for that pearl not to mention $2000.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
That appears to be a beaded pearl that had developed a tail, if you will. I agree with all others, $2k is way too much for that. You could purchase an entire strand of south sea golden baroques, whites, or tahitians for that price from many of the on line pearl vendors. In my opinion, based on the photo, that is neither a particularly unique nor wonderful quality pearl that should command an exceptional price tag.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
That photo looks like a coin pearl with a tail ... there's no excuse for the high price. Coin pearls are bead nucleated, so large ones are easy to find and should be inexpensive.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa. $2K for that pearl sounds like the kind of vendor I wouldn't want to deal with.

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
I've never seen such a large Pearl, would love to find one for less. Thanks for the replys.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
JoanqA Your pearl does look like a by product of a unsuccessful coin pearl by a grower. They are attempting to make lemonade out of a lemon. Don't get me wrong, many of us have fireballs in our collections which are similar with round beads, not coin beads inside. They are fun, but these pearls are not expensive or rare. This seller is asking way too much for this pendant and I would not deal with someone like this. JoanqA Look online for fireball pearls and see the price points for these loose pearls. You can buy the pearl/pendant finding and make your own for a few hundred dollars maybe less.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results