shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a Radiant

theturk123

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I've been on the hunt for a radiant diamond to be set in a Solitaire with small prong set brilliants along the band. After checking some local stores, I have found a diamond at an online store which has the following specs:

Total Carat Weight :1.70
Shape and Cutting Style:Radiant
Cut :Very Good
Color :G
Clarity :VS2
Depth :69.5%
Table :67%
Polish :Excellent
Symmetry :Excellent
Girdle :Slightly Thick - Thick
Culet:None
Fluorescence :None
Measurements:6.71 x 6.69 x 4.65
Length / Width Ratio:1
Certified By:GIA

After talking with the seller, they went back to the cutter who had this to say: "the diamond's brilliance is beautiful and it is a very nice diamond". While this sounds great, it doesn't really say much. They also attached this photo: d-29112948.jpg

I'm looking for something with a lot of sparkle and fire. This is a first purchase for me so any insight would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you get an aset image of the stone so we can check on the light return? That's one way to see how bright the stone will
be.

theturk123

Rough_Rock
/Hi Guys,

My budget was about $10k. Price for that stone was $10,331.

I'm impressed by the cut of the stone at James Allen. I havent seen many Radiants with the 8 main facets on the pavillion, most have the 4 in an "X" shape. Is there a special name for that cut? Also, is it likely that James Allen will move at all on their price?

the $15k stone is out of my price range.

Thanks!

theturk123

Rough_Rock
I'm guessing that I won't be able to get the ASET image, but I will request it and see what comes up.

Is there any real way to tell brilliance or fire from a normal image? Or is it a crap shoot?

Thanks again.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HI Turk,
Welcome to PS!
The original radiant cut, designed by Henry Grossbard is a modified brilliant design, with four pavilion mains.

Have you seen any radiant cut diamonds in person?
Its a cut that really does need to be seen first hand to appreciate- especially if one intends to use ASET.
The reason is that the beauty of the modified brilliant cut uses light differently from a stone cut to look like an RBC in a square shape.
So, what might seem to be brilliant areas ( red) on the ASET of a Radiant Cut, can translate into dark areas in person.
Scattered green and white - which are not desirable in a round- can be extremely lively and sparkly in a radiant cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results