shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a Pink Sapphire

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Hello All- :wavey:

I have been absent from PS for quite awhile as I couldn't resist temptation! My sister is getting married and is looking for a pink sapphire, so I can shop for her without guilt ! :devil: I am perusing the handy links in the sticky but was hoping all my friends here might be able to help. Any advice? I think her budget is pretty healthy, and she particularly likes the lighter, blush and more champagne colored sapphires.

TIA!

Erin

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
What shape, size, heated or not heated? I am assuming eye clean? While I asked a friend in Thailand to find a round ruby for someone here he didn't come up with one that was clean and the right color and size but he skyped me and told me he did find a nice vivid pink sapphire about 2.5 cts. He was going to get a lab report in it to see if it was treated before putting it up for sale.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's a healthy budget to your sister?

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
MJO-- thank you so much for the heads up. I don't think she wants a vivid one, even though I know those can be amazing.

Niel-- I would say around 10 grand max for the ring and setting. I guess I shouldn't have said healthy as its easy to get a 50 g pink sapphire rink. I don't think she is concerned about heat, but it makes me a bit nervous myself.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Niel--

Thanks so much for the link. I have talked to her more and she was looking at a Morganite, if that gives you the idea of color she likes. I was steering her towards sapphires or even spinels.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't mean to post something so expensive (at the top of the budget allowed), but this is a really gorgeous ring IMHO, and all of Leon's work is fantastically made. He has a bit of a reputation that isn't the best (from what I know--I dont have personal experience), but I do love his work and this seems to be the color she's after.

https://leonmege.com/portfolio/shop-now/montpassier-pink-sapphire-ring-detail
r6707-5wx.jpg

Also she could get the stone + setting separately and if she's open to that maybe have her look at this link: http://gemfix.com/gem-category/sapphire/sapphire-pink since they have some great peach/champagne colored sapphires that remind me of morganite in color.

EDIT: Seems like someone else posted this before I did and I didn't notice until just now :oops:
Sorry about that, but I'll leave the post just for fun :)

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
That's a gorgeous ring-- I had just sent that link to my sister--great minds think alike! :twirl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
erinl|1452649312|3975110 said:
Niel--

Thanks so much for the link. I have talked to her more and she was looking at a Morganite, if that gives you the idea of color she likes. I was steering her towards sapphires or even spinels.

Ohhh. Ok. Hmmmmm

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that we need to consider how much she want to put into the setting vs the stone. If she wants a very ornate or blingly setting, then we can adjust for the stone. No preferred shape?

S

SparkliesLuver

I found two, but I'll keep looking. You'll have to inquire with Roger about the first one as he doesn't list prices. And let me know if you want more info about the second one (as they don't sell directly to consumers - I have to ask a trade friend).

1) http://www.spectralgems.net/sapphire/sapphirepad1_36ct_2166/

2) 1.33cts, 7.5 x 6.1mm

sapphirepad1_36ct_2166.jpg

_35997.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1452692910|3975339 said:
I found two, but I'll keep looking. You'll have to inquire with Roger about the first one as he doesn't list prices. And let me know if you want more info about the second one (as they don't sell directly to consumers - I have to ask a trade friend).

2) 1.33cts, 7.5 x 6.1mm

Looove the top pad

ravengirl

Rough_Rock

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1452694436|3975356 said:
SparkliesLuver|1452692910|3975339 said:

2) 1.33cts, 7.5 x 6.1mm

Looove the top pad

I totally agree. This one has my name all over it. I know it is highly unlikely that it will still be available when I am in a position to buy it, but what a perfect padparadscha.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I haven't been on in over a day-- life was calling. I appreciate all the links everyone sent! I have talked to my sister and she said she can go as high as 15 for the entire rig-- so that jewels by grace is a wonderful option!

I am looking at the links and doing my best not to be tempted myself!!!!!!

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to add-- she is most interested in squarish cushions, likes halos more than sidestones for this particular ring, and if possible hopes to be able to pair it with a wedding band. I know that really depends on how the stone is set.....

S

SparkliesLuver

erinl said:
Sorry I haven't been on in over a day-- life was calling. I appreciate all the links everyone sent! I have talked to my sister and she said she can go as high as 15 for the entire rig-- so that jewels by grace is a wonderful option!

erinl said:
I forgot to add-- she is most interested in squarish cushions, likes halos more than sidestones for this particular ring, and if possible hopes to be able to pair it with a wedding band. I know that really depends on how the stone is set.....

Based upon these two posts, I'd snap up that JbG ring immediately! :naughty: :D (And if that one isn't 100% doing it for you, I'd ask Roger about the pad.)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know this isn't the pink color she's after, but I love the pink halo and think the combo of the pink and yellow is really gorgeous. Just in case:

r6563pink-lemonade-diamond-ring-a.jpg

Price is 12,995 BTW :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1452861332|3976285 said:
erinl said:

erinl said:

Based upon these two posts, I'd snap up that JbG ring immediately! :naughty: :D (And if that one isn't 100% doing it for you, I'd ask Roger about the pad.)

The only reason I don't like the jbeg one is that if isnt a pad, really, and I don't like that she calls it that .

Id want the Roger one if its graded by a lab to show pad

deco1

Rough_Rock
Niel|1452884548|3976455 said:
SparkliesLuver|1452861332|3976285 said:
erinl said:

erinl said:

The only reason I don't like the jbeg one is that if isnt a pad, really, and I don't like that she calls it that .

Id want the Roger one if its graded by a lab to show pad

I love the JbG ring. According to D. Atlas, it comes with an AGL report which lists the stone as "a genuine Padparadscha Orangy Pink sapphire."

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found a potentially nice one from a well know pricescope vendor (Blaze n' gems). Hopefully this is something she likes :)

Here's the vendor description:

DISCRIPTION: THIS IS A SUPER RARE ALL NATURAL PADPARADSCHA SAPPHIRE. IT IS A GREAT PEACH PINK COLOR. WE HAD THIS ONE CUSTOM CUT BY MASTER FACETER JEFF HAPEMAN( EARTHS TREASURY ) HE DID A SPECTACULAR JOB. THIS SAPPHIRE WILL MAKE A MKOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF RING. THIS IS THE BIGGEST PEACH PINK SAPPHIRE WE HAVE FOUND FROM OUR MINE. THIS SAPPHIRE HAS A FEW LITTLE NATURAL SILK SPOTS IN IT BUT DOES NOT TAKE AWAY FROM ITS SUPER LUSTER AND COLOR. WE MAY NEVER GET ONE LIKE THIS AGAIN. YOU WILL NEVER HAVE A DUPLICATE OF THIS SAPPHIRE. IT IS ONE OF A KIND. IT ALSO HAS A LITTLE COLOR SHIFT FROM PINK/PEACH/ORANGE TO A GOLD/GREEN. THIS IS A ONCE YOU SEE IT YOU CANT LET IT GO KIND OF STONE

pink%20peach.png

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
That is so pretty lovedogs! Do you have the link to the listing?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I think that padparadscha color is exceedingly rare for a Montana sapphire - beautiful and unique (and that way, Erini, the Spectral Gems padparadscha is still available for me :Up_to_something: )!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results