shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a micropave expert to make copy of Soleste ring.

jessica_djazz

Rough_Rock
Hello,

My girlfriend is in love with Tiffany’s Soleste engagement ring. She loves the fact that the ring is very delicate because of the tiny diamonds in the halo, and because of the rounded corners.
I am looking for an experienced jeweller that can do an IDENTICAL replica of the ring at a much better price. A lot of jewellers claim that they can but the rings I’ve seen just doesn’t look like the original. The problem seems to be that Tiffany uses very small melees (I heard is a 1 pointer on the outside halo and 1/2 pointer in the inside halo) that requires a high level of expertise in micro pave. Also, a lot of the settings I’ve seen so far shows a space between the halos, and they are bulky and too square while Tiffany’s halos are really close together, no space or a lot of metal showing and the corners are rounded. I’ve heard of a few names like Mike Nekta, Victor Carnera, Steven Kirsch. Can anyone advise me if these jewelers would be good choices, and if they would know how to work with such small melees?
I really appreciate all the help.

P.s: I am thinking about a 1 to 1.5 carat center piece. It can be cushion or round.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Looking for a micropave expert to make copy of Soleste r

If u are looking for an EXACT replica, can I ask why? Is it bc you can get a cheaper center stone? Do you expect that a well done halo by hand forged experts will be less costly? The setting by a hand forged expert won't be much cheaper. I think it may be difficult to get an exact replica because Canera, Kirsch, Leon pieces are actually more well constructed, pay more attention to detail, and generally produce more fluid and beautiful pieces than Tiffany's soleste. I know. I have a double halo soleste from Tiffany. I have a piece by Canera and have seen his work IRL. And I think Kirsch and Leon are on par. The underside of these solestes are plain and angular. The setting is too high in my opinion. The top is too "pancake-y", or flat. Look at the threads of these hand forgers and you will see what I mean about how their halos are better designed and constructed.

Do any other PSers have any advice on how to get these top artisans to lower their standards and exactly copy every aspect of the Tiffany soleste? I'm kinda thinking you should just bite the bullet and get the soleste, even with the Tiffany mark up if she wants every detail copied.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock

Realistically: "a much better price" is probably not going to happen. The vast, vast majority of that ring cost is the setting.

The melee are also actually smaller than that in some cases. 1/2 and 3/4 point but each ring is made for each center so it can vary.
I recently got a quote from one of the "pave masters" for that setting and the price was I believe $5400 for the setting (center stone less than a carat.)

The quote from a CAD maker with a good reputation on here was $3300, but they objected pretty strongly to doing a 1/2 point halo.

The two most satisfactory options I reviewed were eternity by Yoni, for $2500 in platinum, and David Klass - haven't seen my ring from David yet so can't speak to its perfection on the absolute scale of PS.

However, a master is going to cost you more than $5k for a double halo setting.

Wendylynne

Shiny_Rock

BUT... you will save $ on your diamond, and you can get a better diamond as well... Its true that the work of the pave masters discussed here is incomparable. The reality is - the halo rings that originaly made canera and kirsch and mege popular on this site are copies of HW. Say what you will... We ALL need to remember to respond with kindness... we are all students...

Vizsla Girl

Rough_Rock

I had a Tiffany solitaire which I lost in July just after our 5 year anniversary - so I'm not anti Tiffany or pro anyone else when I say this... I am looking/building a replacement ring and got a quote from Canera for a double halo on a 2ct cushion with a split shank and it was over $6k. I agree with the other poster that you will be able to find an amazing stone outside of Tiffany if you do your research, and then spend on the setting of your girls dream... But none of it will come at a discount. I honestly don't think you will save much if you go with a hand forged jeweler but if you chose someone making a CAD you absolutely could save... However I do understand they may not be making something quite as precise as you desire.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Definitely Victor Canera, and get the diamond from him, too, as I think that will result in a slight discount on the setting. I do think the setting will be higher quality than Tiffany, and I also love Tiffany. You will save money because you are eliminating the brand name.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results