shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a lab grown Radiant - Can you help me?

Greenie9876

Rough_Rock
Hello, I'm looking for a LGD Radiant between 3-4 ct to be set in white gold. Im a newbie to LG and Radiants.

I love the crushed ice look.

I found this one on Adiamor that looked nice and is in my budget. Can someone take a look and offer opinion?

Also, if you have any recommendations, I would be open to that.

TYIA

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
As @Garry H (Cut Nut) said, if you like the crushed ice look, it'll be worth going DEF. If not, I'm afraid Adiamor's current inventory isn't offering a lot of nice radiants. I can't say I've seen a nice elongated radiant in a while. I don't mind this one from Rare Carat's vendors:

Square radiant tho - https://www.rarecarat.com/diamond/9...diamond?ref=back&ts=Search&cp=48&ndp=12360.43

Elongated - https://www.rarecarat.com/diamond/9...diamond?ref=back&ts=Search&cp=72&ndp=13872.07

I'd keep looking around. It's a hard cut to get right.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
These are both at the 3ct mark, but figured I'd post them. The first is elongated, the second is square and if I didn't believe my 10 year anniversary ring would look best with an asscher cut of the same size I'd have snapped it up months ago.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
What's your budget?

Does this one fit your needs/wants?

The black lower left will be invisible because of the prong reflection. The white lines will be eye clean from 10-12 inches, and only visible from less than 6 inches which is rare for a focus level.
No graining. Nice find.

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Alex got a few on his IG. I don't know much about the Radiant, but the price seems attractive.

Greenie9876

Rough_Rock

Greenie9876

Rough_Rock

Greenie9876

Rough_Rock
As @Garry H (Cut Nut) said, if you like the crushed ice look, it'll be worth going DEF. If not, I'm afraid Adiamor's current inventory isn't offering a lot of nice radiants. I can't say I've seen a nice elongated radiant in a while. I don't mind this one from Rare Carat's vendors:

Square radiant tho - https://www.rarecarat.com/diamond/9...diamond?ref=back&ts=Search&cp=48&ndp=12360.43

Elongated - https://www.rarecarat.com/diamond/9...diamond?ref=back&ts=Search&cp=72&ndp=13872.07

I'd keep looking around. It's a hard cut to get right.

The elongated one kinda looks cloudy or is that just me?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
The elongated one kinda looks cloudy or is that just me?

Looks like it...one of the drawbacks of CVD+PGT: strongly suggest vetting by a trusted jeweler/gemologist to rule out inhibitors to transparency and light performance such as striation, cloudiness, haziness, etc.
In my opinion (whatever that may be worth), IGI had no business grading this as a VS1 and this one likely is a byproduct of a cheated growth process from a careless grower.

302 F VS1 Radiant CVD.png

Radiant CVD Clouds 1.png

Radiant CVD Clouds 2.png

skich

Rough_Rock
2.59 E VS1 Radiant

This one is a little smaller than what you were looking for but has a great cut, no graining, and was vetted by Jon at Distinctive Gems. It also comes with a platinum solitaire setting included in the price.

Last edited:

Greenie9876

Rough_Rock
2.59 E VS1 Radiant

This one is a little smaller than what you were looking for but has a great cut, no graining, and was vetted by Jon at Distinctive Gems. It also comes with a platinum solitaire setting included in the price.

beautiful

Greenie9876

Rough_Rock
Also, this stone is beautiful, again diamondsbylauren.
it's way out of the price range but i havent talked to the shop yet. Maybe I can get a deal? Your thoughts?

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if the pink you’re seeing in the square radiant is a reflection? The description says no brown and colorless! It’s really pretty if you’re good with the shape. For their other radiant maybe you can get a discount for paying via wire? That one is my fav but I know it’s much pricier. Can’t wait to see what you pick!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
The elongated one is going to be 12-13% larger face up value (which is indeed noticeable!), but for nearly twice the price as the square I'm not certain blowing the budget for that is worth it.
Both stones are reflecting something pink from the environment in their videos/photos, but I do not believe either has a pink tint to them. Regardless, the square radiant would look great in rose gold.
I would be surprised if DBL negotiates on price considering how particular they are with what stones they offer, but I have also never asked.

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Also, this stone is beautiful, again diamondsbylauren.
it's way out of the price range but i havent talked to the shop yet. Maybe I can get a deal? Your thoughts?

This one sold - did you buy it or did someone swoop in?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Last edited:

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
DBL gave me a price I couldnt resist; I bought it; having it set in platinum :kiss2:

OMG, that is amazing!!! The deal, the diamond, the setting you chose, just, everything. :D So cool you were able to get a deal on the diamond, I am chicken and would never ask, but just goes to show if you don't, then by default the answer is 'no'.

Congratulations, PLEASE do share photos when your ring is done. :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results