shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a jewelry designer

cawacawa

Rough_Rock
Hi guys I need your help on this.

I am not a designer myself and I need to make an engagement ring for my SO. I would like to first find a jewelry designer, someone who could help me materialize my idea in an elegant way.

I have worked with DK and Amy for the past few weeks and I'm not happy with how things are turning out, so I would prefer to first design the whole thing externally, then submit the design to a jewelry maker like DK or Victor Canera or Steven Kirsch so it can be made. Do you know of someone who could help me do that, use CAD software or draw to visualize it and have inspired design choices.

Of course I would pay that person for these services.

Thank you for your recommandations.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you bought the diamond yet?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
can you show some pictures of ring styles/inspiration designs that you are going for?
That will help greatly in pointing you towards the right direction of the ‘right’ designer.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you want done? Different designers have different styles. Just like you wouldn’t hire Picasso to paint you a realistic portrait, or Monet to paint you a surreal clock-melting landscape, you need to pick a designer whose vision suits your own. So if you have inspiration images or your current cads you can post that would be great.

Most will already have makers that they work with, so you don’t need to worry about that part. Victor Canera and Steven Kirsch would design the ring on their own, so if you want to work with one of them you would go directly to them. They both have great eye but hand-forging is not suitable for every style.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should get a cast ring, not hand-forged, for designs like those, imo. Hand-forging is not ideal for more fluid designs like you tend to like, so I would not recommend someone like Victor Canera or Steven Kirsch to you. The only one of the hand forgers I’ve seen do anything remotely like what you want is Leon Mege.

What is your budget? Can we have a picture of the stone (just out of curiosity lol).

cawacawa

Rough_Rock
Really ? I thought handforging was the best way to get a precise design, because apparently cast has some imperfections due to the process ?

Or maybe they can cast the basic fluid structure and then handforge or engrave the rest in manual work for the fine details ? Is that possible ?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should stop worrying about the method of manufacture. Hire someone whose design aesthetic matches what you want and has good reviews, and don’t micromanage them. You don’t have the knowledge to determine how the ring should be made - the jewelers do. Every method of manufacture has pluses and minuses, but when done well looks good and is long-lasting.

Reactions: MWM

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really ? I thought handforging was the best way to get a precise design, because apparently cast has some imperfections due to the process ?

Or maybe they can cast the basic fluid structure and then handforge or engrave the rest in manual work for the fine details ? Is that possible ?

Here’s some great info:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results