shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a good diamond setter in Greater Toronto area

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

totoro_l

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I wonder if I could borrow some advice/recommendation from people who live in Toronto..

With the useful information in this forum, I've got a good stone recently. The setting is a Tiffany setting replica #671 from Excel Diamonds and is being made right now.

Now my problem is finding a competent and honest diamond setter in Toronto who can do excellent work on my ring. I've gone to the diamond centre building on Dundas Square in Toronto but there are so many vendors that I don't know who to choose.

From an old post, a PS member mentioned a person called "Olive" on the 5th floor of that building but I was unable to locate him in my last trip.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Why don''t you have Excel set it for you?

totoro_l

Rough_Rock
It''s because I bought the stone elsewhere before I''ve found and decided on the Excel ring. The ring is still being made right now but to ship the stone insured to Excel in New York may be a bit hassle and cost ineffective. Any suggestions?

Thanks

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Bummer. I thought your stone was from Excel as well.

Unfortunately, I don''t have any local recommendations as I''m in BC. I can certainly relate to the annoyance of not wanting to send a stone from Canada to the US and then back to Canada. I was in your shoes last year and opted to set my stone locally.

There are a few Toronto PSrs, so you may want to give your thread a little bump later on and see if they can provide you with any names.

totoro_l

Rough_Rock
Thanks Pixley. I am glad that I am not alone!

Actually I found out Excel had the same access to the same stone that I got the day after I committed to pay another PS vendor (USAcerted).

The stone was at a slightly higher price @ Excel but I am sure my saving would be offset by the extra setting fee and the nuisance as I''m going for the local route.

Any people from Toronto on this PS forum?

Thanks!

totoro_l

Rough_Rock
Pixley, mind if I ask you whether you got the same Excel/SC Tiffany ring last year? How did the stone setting experience turn out?

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t go through Excel, I worked with the sales director of diamondexchange.ca who brought in my stone from a place in NYC. I really wanted to send it back to NYC for setting, but it was too much trouble (or so I thought at the time). I don''t know if this advice will work for you, but I actually asked an independent appraiser in my area about the local jewellers and he was able to advise on certain technologies available at the different studios. I also asked friends and coworkers who they had used repeatedly and found a place that had been in business for ages, with two fantastic benchmen who were easy to work with and talented. You may just want to get out there and see what''s available - look at their work and see who you trust.

totoro_l

Rough_Rock
Thanks Pixley!

Any Toronto PS members here?

victoriaguy

Rough_Rock
hi Pixley,
i was just reading this post, and I am in need of urgent help. I am from Victoria, and I am looking for a diamond setter in victoria area. do you know any one in this area, or do you know how or where i can find one.

i though of having the ring set in Vancouver, but my fiance really insist that it happens in Victoria itself. she is just too afraid to have the diamond moved around i suppose, but i cant persuade her otherwise.

therefore, since you researched for a jewelry setter previously, any help for a setter in Victoria area would be really appreciated.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results