shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a good deal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NetRyder

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am thinking about popping the question. The biggest hurdle now seems to be finding the ring. I think I may be leaning towards ebay but I want to make sure I am getting a good deal.

I am thinking around a 1 carat solitaire. From what I have seen, I don''t think I want anything below an I in color and I1 in clarity.

Background Info: keep in mind that I am a student but I got a good job offer about 8 months ago and I am finishing up me degree this summer. This being the case I am a bit limited in $$$.

Any ideas? Thanks all!

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
I have seen very few good quality stones on ebay. Unless time is on your side, you'll probably have much better luck finding what you want from one of the venders who post here.

You mention you want an I color stone (or better). Have you gone out shopping and seen an I colored stone? I only mention this because my girlfriend was extremely particular with color, and the I colored stones just didn't do it for me. If you do get a G-I colored stone, may I recommend looking for one with some floresence? Oftentimes it will actually make a stone appear whiter.

Regarding I1 clarity. Understand that I1 will contain eye visible inclusions. I've heard people who say they can detect S1-S3 inclusions without a loupe. If having an eye clean stone is important, then may I recommend a clean S1 or VS2?

Overall, remember cut is what really makes a diamond shine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results