shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a diamond to give me the ultimate diamond experience

Unusual_Minimum

Rough_Rock
Ok, maybe not the "ultimate" experience, but I would really like to own a round diamond that will blind all my enemies. Is this possible with a quite low budget? I would love to not have to spent over 1000 dollar on it, ideally 800-900 dollars. Please tell me if I am delusional on getting the best at such low price!
It's going in a yellow gold setting, but I would still love the white look of diamonds. I have been reading a lot on this forum lately, and think that cut and hearts and arrow are more important to me than clarity and color? I am looking for a round diamond about 1,3 ct give or take. There have been good recommendation lately on the forum and I have been looking at these:

They have pretty high clarity and color, so I wonder if I should go down in those to get something with a better cut?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are both very well cut, and your budget is great for a diamond this size, so I don't see any reason to go down in color or clarity.

This one could be good as well.

Unusual_Minimum

Rough_Rock
These are both very well cut, and your budget is great for a diamond this size, so I don't see any reason to go down in color or clarity.

Nice! Thank you for the suggestion! :) I thought it was a pretty low budget, but maybe not?!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I am no expert so I wont chime in on the diamond choice , but I just LOOOOVE the description: "I would really like to own a round diamond that will blind all my enemies"

Love it!

Unusual_Minimum

Rough_Rock
I am no expert so I wont chime in on the diamond choice , but I just LOOOOVE the description: "I would really like to own a round diamond that will blind all my enemies"

Love it!

I think it will be a pretty good defense!! :lol:

Unusual_Minimum

Rough_Rock

The 1.47 does appear whiter than the two others... Might the two others appear grayish IRL?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
The 1.47 does appear whiter than the two others... Might the two others appear grayish IRL?

The backgrounds for the other two are a few shades darker. :)

Unusual_Minimum

Rough_Rock
The backgrounds for the other two are a few shades darker. :)

Hey! My goal is to have a diamond that sparkle as much as the one in your story about how you got into diamonds, do you think these will do?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Find anything yet?

Last edited:

Unusual_Minimum

Rough_Rock
I have narrowed down to 4-5. One of them is around 200 dollar more than the others, but it has 34,5 and 40,8 angels, with 75 LGF. The arrows is not as dark/prominent as the others, so I don't know if it is better?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I have narrowed down to 4-5. One of them is around 200 dollar more than the others, but it has 34,5 and 40,8 angels, with 75 LGF. The arrows is not as dark/prominent as the others, so I don't know if it is better?

The proportions certainly point to favorable. Videos and pictures can present a diamond in all sorts of various appearances. Is it from a seller that can provide you ASET images?

Unusual_Minimum

Rough_Rock
The proportions certainly point to favorable. Videos and pictures can present a diamond in all sorts of various appearances. Is it from a seller that can provide you ASET images?

They are all from Ritani so..... no? I don't know if they provide that :confused:
After discovering that some of my options was not in the ideal range I looked at dozens others, and now I have 8 ideal table/crown angle/pavilion angle diamonds left to chose from :geek2:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, thank you for the thoroughly response! I ended up using these two https://charleskoll.com/pages/ideal-proportion-calculator

That made me aware of that not all my diamonds very in the ideal range, so I looked at a bunch more and are now at 8 options. 3 of them have hearts and arrows in the certificate, but some that haven't them in the certificate looks to have more prominent arrows in video... This post made me think that I might have to go with one of the h&a in the cerfiticate. I really want to hit jackpot and not have the hassle with sending back and forth since I live in Europe :/

Would love to post links and have some feedback, but I am a little hesitant to post all my links in case someone snaps one of them :-o

I don't think it's strictly necessary for the report to say H&A. The ones that do say H&A only have stock images anyway, and you'd need actual images to verify true H&A.

Unusual_Minimum

Rough_Rock
@Kim N

I have an arrow question, the arrow at 12 o’clock of this is not as black as the others. Is this disadvanting, or could it just be that the diamond is tilted or something?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@Kim N

I have an arrow question, the arrow at 12 o’clock of this is not as black as the others. Is this disadvanting, or could it just be that the diamond is tilted or something?

Probably slight variation in the individual angles for each of the facets.
This one may have some slight blue nuance.

Unusual_Minimum

Rough_Rock
Probably slight variation in the individual angles for each of the facets.
This one may have some slight blue nuance.
It’s not the chosen one, but I have two other I consider. One of them have one «inner arrow» that is not very dark, and that might be the reason I won’t pick it. Would be bad if it actually had all arrows dark it if was just not as dark because of light/angle/something something

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N

I believe the diamond is slightly tilted. The 12 o'clock arrow is slightly shorter than the others.

Most of the time I think it's the photography set-up causing an arrow not to be as dark, so most likely the ones you're considering will be just fine.

houserabbitz24

Rough_Rock

Love it!

Me too! I keep laughing! ❤️

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results