shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a diamond bracelet for my fiance - need some help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

don_r6

Rough_Rock
Okay...here''s the deal. I''ve been searching and reading tons of old post about diamond bracelets. I''ve decided to post my question here because from reading all the older posts, I can tell a lot of people on this forum will provide their honest feedback. I''m a newbie to diamonds. I know the whole 4 C''s is important to buy a diamond. But does it really matter for a bracelet? I know it matters a lot for an engagement ring because the diamond itself is a stand alone piece. As for a bracelet, the diamonds are much much smaller and is it really noticeable at all? I''ve been doing my research at local jewellers and online jewellers... prices are drastically different. Essentially these are my questions:

1) How many carats is a good size for a diamond bracelet? 2, 3, 4, 5 carats?

2) What should the minimal size be for each diamond? .05, .08, .10 or higher?

3) As for the clarity... most local and online jeweller only have diamonds that are S1-S2 quality and a lot of I1. I know I1 are lower quality than S1-S2, but is it really that noticeable? And what is the recommended lowest clarity that should be accepted for a bracelet, S1-S2?

4) For a bracelet in the 3-4 carat range... approximately how much will it cost for something that will ''bling''? Per Amazon and some other online retailers... the average price for a 3 carat with I1 quality (.08 each diamond) is going for about $3,000.00, while my local jeweller is asking for $5,500.00 for something similar. Is that a good/bad price?

Thanks for any advice...greatly appreciate it!

Don

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I would stick with a good color. You can go down a bit to SI2 on clarity but I think color is still important in a bracelet.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope, Don.

First off, WHAT kind of bracelet are you thinking? A tennis bracelet, a bangle?

What size (carat weight) would your fiancee prefer? Does she like a bold piece of jewelry, or something very delicate? Does she want diamonds all the way around, or does she want a smooth underside (like a bangle) so it doesn''t catch on her clothes? Would she like metal showing between the diamonds or a solid diamond appearance?

You should stay with excellent cut stones because they''ll appear larger and more sparkly than poorly cut stones. SI quality stones will probably be fine if you go with a reputable vendor. IF you go with I stones, they are sure to show inclusions (which will make the stones look flat, dull, etc)

The color is negotiable. An F,G,H,I would probably all be fine.

I''ve linked Whiteflash. They have a variety of beauties! You can check their different carat weights and compare prices with your other vendors.

BTW- for reference, I think a 2 cttw bracelet is always a good start. If she decides she wants big and bold, she can upgrade later. HERE IS THE LINK

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
A tennis bracelet is something I would LOVE to have. I can tell you that you will probably spend a little over $1,000 per carat in a white gold setting.

This is the bracelet that I dream about
1.gif

http://www.whiteflash.com/golden-wardrobe/Gold_Details.aspx?ItemCode=WF-TBB-133&CategID=3

For me a 3-4 ct. would be perfect in a white gold setting. I don''t own anything from Whiteflash, but from the pics I''ve seen posted on Pricescope, their pieces will give you lots of bling!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I would go 2 plus carats ,good color(g to i) and si2(si3-ish at the least)with a good solid clasp and good solid well made hinges between each link!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results