shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a diamond at last!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anniediamond

Rough_Rock
Married almost 20 years now. Never got an engagment ring. Something else always got in the way. Now at last, my husband wants to get the real thing to replace the fakes I''ve been wearing all these years! I''ve been trying to educate myself about diamonds. I just need to reassure my VERY SKEPTICAL husband about the saftey of buying ANYTHING, let along DIAMONDS on-line. Would appreciate some convincing arguements.

Annie
appl.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Well, I, like so many others on this forum, just completed my online diamond purchase. And you can show your husband the finished results. Check out my post under the thread titled Early Mother's Day Eye Candy. You can also go to another section of the forum called Show Me the Ring. In many of the rings pictured there, the diamonds, if not the entire rings were purchased online.

GOOD LUCK in your search! I am so thrilled for you! I just got my first larger diamond in the pendant I got. I have always been a colored gemstone person.
1.gif

anniediamond

Rough_Rock
Thanks P.Q. This forum is so helpful. I don't feel like I'm out there alone, waiting for someone to reel me in! Your diamond is beyond gorgeous! I didn't read all the details but it sounds like the company called Whiteflash was a positive experience for you all the way around. I'll show my old fashioned guy your posts and pictures. Hope that will help convince him to stay out of the jewelry shops and get into this century! (I shouldn't complain, I'm getting the ice!!)

--Annie

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Annie,

You should check out the "Web Artiles" I have linked from my homepage. There is a great benefit in purchasing from online retailers such as NiceIce, DBOF, Iceman, and those of us who offer competitive Internet pricing yet are established bricks and mortar stores (most of us over 10-20 years) who don't rely solely on internet sales. Whiteflash however, though not a B&M have been around a pretty long time and are a good recommendation too.

Peace,
Rhino

anniediamond

Rough_Rock
Thanks Rhino....I will check out the information, as you suggest. There is alot to consider. I always thought that once I could afford the diamond, I'd just walk in and buy it, just like that! Times have changed though, and we have internet sights like yours (and this one) to educate us. I will have lots more questions. Appreciate the help!

--Annie

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No prob. You have a great team of helpers here on PS. If you have any questions for me personally our lines are open to ya.

peace,
Rhino

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Annie~

Don't fret if you read all the info you can find and still don't understand things. I was on info overload and everything was just swirling around in my head. Finally someone posted a reply to a thread that turned on the light in my head and everything started falling into place.

I am comfortable with information about rounds but still learning other cut styles. No matter what style you choose, the performance of the diamond is very strongly affected by CUT. There are tables to help guide you when you look at the information provided on a Cert. Cut quality is rated in categories like American 1A, 1B, and International Trade 1A, 1B, etc. And then, in Rounds, there is the ultimate, Hearts and Arrows.

Several vendors linked to Price Scope have pics of the actual diamond, you can view the Cert, and a whole variety of other reports as well. Good Old Gold, Nice Ice, Superb Cert, White Flash, and several others. Those can be very helpful in selecting your perfect diamond. Be sure to compare the brass tacks like full refund return period, lifetime upgrades, etc.

Dave Atlas at http://www.gemappraisers.com/ provides a great service. Several of the vendors will ship directly to him without you having to pay in advance. Mr. Atlas will evaluate the diamond and report directly to you. If you approve, you pay the vendor (and Mr. Atlas too, of course) and Mr. Atlas ships the diamond on to you.

Just remember,... Don't be afraid to post any questions you may have. Experts and extremely knowledgeable buyers post regularly here and are more than willing to help you. All you gotta do is ask.
2.gif

anniediamond

Rough_Rock
PQ & Rhino. Thanks so much for the encouragement! I can't get over how much information there is in this forum. I really love looking at the pictures people post after their successful diamond purchase. I really love the ones with the hearts and arrows. I had never heard of diamonds giving that kind of effect. I am thinking about the three stone ring (past, present, future) using round diamonds. I still want to do some research and have a better idea of the 4-c's, etc. In the meantime, I just find myself drawn to this site...just to read everyone elses posts!

I'll be back with more questions.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results