shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a cushion, feedback please

Unknown

Rough_Rock
Hello guys,
I find two diamonds from PS searching. There are only paper data available now. I have contacted vendor for more information, they will send me the diamonds images later, but no ASET images.
I post all specs I got, ya it is hard to determine cushion by data. Just please share any thoughts/opinions of yours. I will add more info when I receive.

Cushion 1
Cushion brilliant
1.04 ct
H
VS1
Ex/Ex
None flu
Table: 55%
Depth: 65.5%
Girdle : medium to thick
Cutlet: medium

Cushion 2
Cushion brilliant
G
VS1
Ex/VG
None flu
Table : 60%
Depth :69.9%
Girdle : medium to thick
Culet: none

Is the depth 65.5% of #1 too shadow? Would affect light return?

I have visited some vendors website, like gog, erd and saw ASET images of cushions.  AVC is defin cutting for light return, lots of reds in ASET. I am wondering what a great or the best traditional cut cushion you have seen or should be? In my case, for cushion brilliant cut, what should i expect? 

Unknown

Rough_Rock
I got diamonds images only, no aset images available for those two. what you think?

HVS1.jpg

GVS1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know enough about this type of cushion to make a comment, but they look pretty good from the pictures. I just wanted to mention that you left out one important thing from the specs, and that is the diameter measurements. You definitely want to pay attention to the measurements in order to compare face-up size of the stones. You wouldn't want to pay for a 1 ct. stone that faces up like a .80, for example. Cushions will vary in size due to depth and other factors related to cut.

Unknown

Rough_Rock
Oops, thanks diamondseeker2006

cushion 1 : 6.12*5.88*3.87
cushion 2: 6.02*5.75*4.02

Unknown

Rough_Rock
Adding two from another vendor, please take a look. Many thanks :wavey:

Cushion-3

cushion-3.jpg

cushion-33.jpg

cushion-333.jpg

cushion-3-3.jpg

Unknown

Rough_Rock
cushion -4

cushion-4.jpg

cushion-44.jpg

cushion-444.jpg

cushion-4-4.jpg

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
They look nice, does the vendor have an opinon.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they have nice ASETs. I agree with asking the vendor which one they prefer and why.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the first two from the photos.

Unknown

Rough_Rock
OldHand1|1320811453|3057539 said:
Before you start looking at stones you should step back and decide on your priorities.
Is it a particular style Vintage "chunky" or modern "splintery"?
Have you seen all the different styles of cushions and is one or two most preferable?
Do you value light return over size?
Do you have a max budget? What are your color and clarity standards?
Do you prefer square or rectangular and understand the tradeoffs between the two?

Answers to these questions will help the good folks here select the most suitable cushion for you.

ya, I prefer more chunky looking with broader flash, not crushed ice. AVC is perfect in aset image, but I am not very into avc or vintage cut because of the big cross in the center and larger cutlet. So I think I should be looking for a cushion brilliant cut which has big facets, am I right?
The diamonds above are recommended by vendors upon my request. I do like the facet pattern (cushion 1and 2) , just no idea what a great regular cushion brilliant cut should be.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Unknown|1320813363|3057554 said:
OldHand1|1320811453|3057539 said:
Before you start looking at stones you should step back and decide on your priorities.
Is it a particular style Vintage "chunky" or modern "splintery"?
Have you seen all the different styles of cushions and is one or two most preferable?
Do you value light return over size?
Do you have a max budget? What are your color and clarity standards?
Do you prefer square or rectangular and understand the tradeoffs between the two?

Answers to these questions will help the good folks here select the most suitable cushion for you.

ya, I prefer more chunky looking with broader flash, not crushed ice. AVC is perfect in aset image, but I am not very into avc or vintage cut because of the big cross in the center and larger cutlet. So I think I should be looking for a cushion brilliant cut which has big facets, am I right?
The diamonds above are recommended by vendors upon my request. I do like the facet pattern (cushion 1and 2) , just no idea what a great regular cushion brilliant cut should be.

there are a lot of great cushion brilliants...with different appearances. i think it is really a matter of personal preference.

Unknown

Rough_Rock
for the last two, vendor said cushion 4 is the best option, also said "According to the gemologist, the attached ASET images for this diamond are misleading and do not properly show this diamond's superior light support. "

I actually love the looking of cushion 2 the best, but vendor cannot provide aset images , it seems cut too deep and face small. I cannot travel to eastcoast to see them in person. hmm.... :errrr:

Unknown

Rough_Rock
A little update, I am thinking to ask vendor of the first two to send the stones to a local appraisaler, then I will go for review. I will be responsible for shipping cost and appraisal fee.
What you think? Any suggestions? What should I concern about, what questions should I ask?

TheGreatTwizz

Shiny_Rock
That inclusion dead center on Cushion 3 would be a killer for me.

Also, that vendor seems to be pretty good about their opinions; their gemologist confirmed something for me, and I've been pleased so far.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results