shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a "cheap" split shank.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bbfifas

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

Looking for a split shank for a 1ct asscher. Like most split shankers, I also love the Daniel K, cartier, and Leon mage settings. But I don''t like the price!

The closes thing I found that I like within my price range was this danhov setting ME25 for $2300 plat.:
http://www.jamesallen.com/designer-jewelry/meno-collection-by-danhov/ring/item_294-2040.asp

BUT, I''m not a fan of the millgrain at all. Other than that I like the looks, the price is at my ceiling, etc.

Anyone have links to similar split shanks (including pricing) that they have stumbled upon? Anyone ever get a custome split shank based on the desinger rings mentione above?

Any help is appreciated.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would send a picture of the ring you like to Whiteflash and ask them for a quote.
1.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''d look at Lord of Gem Rings. Lots of PSers have their settings. This setting for example would accommodate a larger Asscher, but they can custom make it for a 1ct stone.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 11:38:17 AM
Author: jstarfireb
I''d look at Lord of Gem Rings. Lots of PSers have their settings. This setting for example would accommodate a larger Asscher, but they can custom make it for a 1ct stone.

Their quality is a bit lacking though IMO. If this is for an ering I personally wouldn''t get a LOGR setting...

bbfifas

Rough_Rock
Hmm that 2nd Knox one looks great. But its $2k for 14k...

I wonder why? It only has .2ct pave.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
how bout this from whiteflash.. and yes, they will give you a quote in 14,,, and it should be less than what is listed slightly.. anyways... $1395 for 18k..

wfsplitshnkdiamondring.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
There''s a pretty good ''copy'' of the Daniel K by Adwar. I don''t know how the quality would be, but you can call up the jeweler you are working with and ask them for their honest opinion.

bbfifas

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies so far. For some reason I feel like the WF settings sit up really really high.

I like that Danhov one because the top part of the ring (say 11 to 1 o''clock) is "missing". Does that make sense? Does anyone else like that? maybe its not functional, idk.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/4/2009 3:00:00 PM
Author: bbfifas
Thanks for the replies so far. For some reason I feel like the WF settings sit up really really high.

I like that Danhov one because the top part of the ring (say 11 to 1 o''clock) is ''missing''. Does that make sense? Does anyone else like that? maybe its not functional, idk.

I really like that about it too...I can''t think of any I have seen that are like that, you may just have to get the original! I think it''s worth it to save for a bit longer to get the setting you love, or just get a cheap solitaire now for $200-300 and get this one down the road.

bbfifas

Rough_Rock
Shimmer,

Now I''m thinking custom route, what do you think about that Danhov setting with diamonds around the bar supporting the diamond?

Kind of like on this knox one:
http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=266&rn=1824&action=show_detail

Do you think that would make the ring to busy?

I might consider changing the prongs too something sleaker also.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I don''t think it''s too busy at all, it adds a really nice, unique touch! Custom is the way to go IMO, it should turn out perfect! Are you thinking claw prongs?

bbfifas

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your input, I''m getting excited now thinking about this.

I was thinking claw prongs, but the diamond is only going to be 1ct - 1.2ct range, so I''m not sure if that would take away from the diamond. All the claw prongs I see are on BIG diamonds (like Leon Mages work).

I like the split prong here (3rd pic down on the asscher) not sure the carat on that one though.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-split-double-claw-prong-ring-please-need-ideas.19727/

Regardless, any prong that is a little sleaker and pointer I think would look better than the square looking original one.

bbfifas

Rough_Rock
After searching on PS, it appears only Leon does good claw prongs. So Im not sure now what direction I would take. I would have to consult with GOG or WF and see what they could offer.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
WF does really nice prongs, I have had several of their rings. I love the double prong on an asscher, it really enhances the shape.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results