shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a center stone. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hi all! I am glad that I found this site, because I need some input on my recent experience. My husband and I are celebrating our 15th year anniversary next year, so we are upgrading my e-ring. I want a 1.5ct round, H, eye-clean SI1 and "excellent" in light performance. At the jewelry store where we got my original ring(and my husband''s)from, the salesperson brought me 3 stones for me to look at. One of them was a 1.52ct and scored "high" in all 3 light performances. He also showed me a GIA report of that stone, and it stated "good"-"very good" on cut/polish/symmetry(I can''t remember clearly which was "good" and which was "very good").

So, here is my question. The tag on the stone was ridiculously high, and I knew that wasn''t the price I would have to pay. But, he gave us a cash price which was a little over $12,000. Does that sound right to you? I''ve also been looking some sites like GOG or James Allen, and there are many stones with "EXCELLENT" in cut/polish/symmetry with $12-13G. But, they are the online stores & I am aware that the online stores'' prices tend to be lower than B&M''s. As a B&M, are they offering a fair price for that stone?

FYI: My setting is going to be a Tacori piece(either 2620 or 2627), and I already have a wedding band(Tacori eternity).

Thanks & happy holidays!

chicago1234

Rough_Rock
It is hard to know for sure without having more details on the diamond to make a comparison. I know I found the search by cut tool on PS helpful in trying to make comparisons between the online and B&M stones I saw when I first started. Generally, everything I saw in the stores was of significantly lower quality if it was priced similar to what I found online. But I think it would be hard to say anything definitive without knowing more about that stone they offered you the cash price on.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you can please get us some information from the cert we can help: pavilion & crown angles, table %, and depth %.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you post the GIA report number?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2009 1:48:06 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
If you can please get us some information from the cert we can help: pavilion & crown angles, table %, and depth %.
Ditto, plus what are the grade making inclusions please? These will be noted on the clarity plot of the report such as feather, clouds etc.

Thanks to all the ladies looking at and replied my post so far. I do not have GIA report# or other information other than noted in my post. I just didn''t write it down. I could call the salesperson back to find out all the info requested, but I don''t think I want to work with the same person simply because he didn''t call me(even though he promised to do so)to follow up with me. He told me that he would have some other stones ready by the time we come back(around Christmas time), but no call whatsoever... He is probably thinking we are not serious. Well, he lost a business from me. ($12-13G is my budget)

When I go to look at more stones, I will definitely keep in mind to make a note to share that with you. Thanks for educating me
1.gif
I really hope I will find a stone totally steals my heart. I know it''s out there!! Keep praying for me
2.gif

Love you all!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think some of us are gentleman not a ladies
2.gif

Good luck!

Oops! You are absolutely right. I thank both ladies and gentlemen!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results