shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a cathedral band to match unique ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Buggeyes7

Rough_Rock
Help me please. I have searched everywhere for the right band, but no luck. I want a wrap/insert type band that will match round/pave/prong (I think that''s what are on the raised bands) set side stones on a cathedral/raised band. I have been looking for almost a year.
16.gif

My ring2.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think you will have to have such a ring custom designed, I am not aware of one that will fit the ring you are showing us.

Wink

Buggeyes7

Rough_Rock
Thanks Wink. I was hoping to be able to see the ring on before ordering, also want to be able to give my husband a hint.
Anyone else seen anything that could work with this ring?

Ceylon Sapphire.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2006 12:27:03 PM
Author: Buggeyes7
Thanks Wink. I was hoping to be able to see the ring on before ordering, also want to be able to give my husband a hint.
Anyone else seen anything that could work with this ring?
I can''t even picture what you''re talking about - I don''t think any such thing exists.... do you want it super thick on top so it meets up with the cathedral so it''s like the finger hole is the yolk in a hard boiled egg shaped ring - with rods that stick out the side to insert into the gallery of the other ring? LOL

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
I think part of the confusion in reaction to your post is that a wrap and an insert are two different things, and you kind of conflated them. I don't think a wrap would work with a cathedral setting at all just logistically, but an insert (if you find the right one) could work. I'm sorry I don't know of any specific inserts that might fit the bill, but just to clarify, are you looking for something like this (hopefully picture attaches)? If not, do you have any photos of at least the type of thing you are looking for (even if it doesn't match your ring?) That may help people give you suggestions.

If this is the look you are going for but you can't find an insert to match your ring, you could always just get two bands and wear them on either side of your ring. Anyway, good luck on your search!

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Trying again for the photo.

insert enhancer.jpg

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Do you want the wedding ring or rings to be cathedral-like, but cross over the top, rather than be open on top? I think having them complete versus open would look best. It certainly can be made either way although I don''t believe I have seen what you are asking for previously.

Buggeyes7

Rough_Rock
I do not have a picture of what I want, that is the trouble, but the insert is definately what I am thinking, sorry to confuse you all by saying wrap. The only single band I have found that rises (looks to be close to the height of mine) is attached, but I am undecided on this one, I would have to buy 2 and attach them on both sides. The idea of the egg yolk sounds right, but the rods I am not sure about. I do want cathedral if possible in an insert style, the connecting over top sounds big & too much bling, but I would have to see it. Thank you all & if anyone finds a picture of anything similar to my jumbled thoughts please let me know. I think I am going to have to go get something custom, probably should just head back to Jared & get it over with. I wanted to avoid going without a picture, plus it''s 3 hours away & I don''t want to give up my ring right now. Oh well, Merry Christmas all!

diamond-chicago band.jpg

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Have you looked at Jean Francois Albert''s designs? I have one of his wedding bands, and it is about 3mm tall. I''m not sure how much height you want for the band, but it might be worth taking a look.

here''s a pretty pave half-band:

jfa1.jpg

Buggeyes7

Rough_Rock
No I have not tried that design, but I did find this recently. What do you all think about me getting 2 of this band shown in this cathedral set.?.?.? I would creat an insert with my ring in the middle and connect the three bands together. Do you think this would this look alright?
33.gif

Cathedral band.gif

Buggeyes7

Rough_Rock
Here''s a picture of my ring & current band. I love this ring so much, it was my promise ring, but it just does not look right next to this raised band. It drives me nuts that you can''t see it! I am going to switch the promise ring back to my right hand once I find an insert that will work with this beautiful e-ring.

2007 Rings (Small).JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results