shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a blue/green stone

snowc

Rough_Rock
I am currently looking for a blue/green gemstone, from 2.25-2.5cts, in a round cut. I looked at every site under the other post, but no luck. I would like either a light sapphire, aquamarine or something to that effect! Thanks!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
The colors you brought up are very subjective and you don't say anything about saturation. Do you have a picture of what you are looking for that you can post that could help us find something for you? also do you have a budget?

For that size and shape I would probably contact Barry at acstones.com to see what he has. Most cutters don't put their entire inventory online so it is always best to email them.

Goodluck!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto that; there are many various shades of blue/green and pricing will be all over the place depending on the shade and saturation, not to mention treatment.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
well, tourmaline and blue-green go hand in hand

snowc

Rough_Rock
I like lighter colored stones. I need it in a round cut between 2-2.5 cts. Thanks!

colourssnowc38908.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
unheated aqua would be a good alternative.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would think that unheated aqua is probably closest to what you have in mind. The ones you showed are very unsaturated, though.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wouldn’t a light aqua end up really gray? I would suggest an Afghan tourmaline except that most are not suited for a round shape.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is your budget? That''s something really important to consider. Unheated aqua would probably be the least expensive alternative, and probably more easily attainable than a nice light blue green tourmaline (those are in high demand right now).

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
True - I have seen one or two more saturated aquas, but both were too blue and ovals. An Afghani tourmaline might be nice, but I haven''t seen any in a round cut of this size.

Perhaps a zircon? Apatite might also fit the description but it is so soft I wouldn''t recommend it.

snowc

Rough_Rock
I know that Tourmalines and Aquas have colors that I''m looking for. My price range is between 300-400. I''ve emailed various gem websites and have had no luck so far. I have been looking for quite some time now. I''m sure that the colors are not the most expensive of gems, because of the saturation, but I''m that is the least of my concern since those are the colors that I love.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The fact that the colours aren''t as popular and are quite inexpensive makes them harder to find (in a decent cut), since cutters won''t be able to charge a price that will make it worthwhile to cut them.

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
This one is a little large 2.87ct

toto.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would also suggest a Montana sapphire.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 9:53:51 PM
Author: marcyc
I would also suggest a Montana sapphire.
Don''t Montana sapphires usually coming in rather small sizes though? I have one that is .8cts (I think?) and it''s a glacier blue green, similar to what the OP is looking for...

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Good idea Marcy! I''ve seen quite a few of beautiful light blue-green Montana sapphires.

snowc

Rough_Rock
thanks guys! I''ve actually never thought to email the cutters personally. I did and I have a few leads on what I want!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results