shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for 1c princes ideal cut g table 68. End of my Latin

Belgianbillie

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I have been looking for a diamond engagement ring. I was going to buy on blue Nile but after learning more I do not know if that is a good idea. I have looked at above cut on whiteflash and the stones on good old gild. I was looking for a nice 1c princess diamond with vs2-1, color g ideal cut, good symmetry, table of 68 and depth below 74. I wanted to spend 5000 on it. Now after looking on. Gov and wf I no longer know I this is obtainable. It's the min I wanted to give to my Gf but the max I can afford. Is the price reasonable to get something good? The ring itself would be a simple solitaire platinum.

I have been getting lost in the research and I am looking to buy soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm getting to the end of my latin

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Looking for 1c princes ideal cut g table 68. End of my L

Most SI1 are eye-clean, esp at 1 carat range, if all you want is an eye-clean stone.

Table not necessary to be that small to have a well cut stone.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

I would look for an AGS0 graded stone (lab report) or else a GIA stone with good images etc from GOG. And perhaps consider H Si1 to up the sixe for your budget.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock

Found a few AGS0 graded princess on BN that fits your specs. Don't mind the BN cut grading, they only give up their best grades to their inhouse stone, their Signature Ideal stone, and they have a wonky cut grading for the rest, you can easily find AGS0 graded stone getting their Good grade.
http://www.bluenile.com/princess-cu...-very-good-cut-g-color-vs2-clarity_LD01574424
http://www.bluenile.com/princess-cu...-very-good-cut-g-color-si1-clarity_LD01574410

A little old in the report, so maybe ask for an updated on the report from AGS?

Belgianbillie

Rough_Rock

Should he clarity not be higher? I thought table and depth as well as crown and pavilion angles were important?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock

Angles are important but average numbers are useless for a princess as that only specify one set of facets and there are multiple facets of different angles, each of the chevron facets have their own angles and width, unlike a round which can be more or less described by these averaged numbers.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock

Found an interesting stone if you are willing to starve yourself a few weeks. :razz: AGS0 in cut performance but overall cut grade an AGS 3 from the Very thin girdle, might or might not be a problem, JA's gemologist can advise on it. Also, JA can get you ASET image.
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-VS2-Good-Cut-Princess-Diamond-1374108.asp

Break down of the grade in the full report.
http://www.agslab.com/pdf_sync_reports/1040361050001-PDQDFK.PDF

Belgianbillie

Rough_Rock

Thanks for all the help. Does getting advice and help from these people not cost more? 5000 is the max I can give. I just cannot shake more given I still need to get the ring itself. I which I could give her more but there always has to be a limit.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

All else equal, I would choose the AGS0 stone because it has a cut grade and the GIA stone does not. You can request an ASET image for the JA stone, but I don't think that is as reliable as the AGS grade. If you like the GIA stone, don't worry about the clarity. In a VS2 it is not really an issue at all. But you can ask JA about whether or not you can see it. You do not pay more for the vendor to answer questions and help you out. That is why they are there.

druidtime

Rough_Rock

Heres why I think the BN stone is better:

AGS 0 cut grade as dreamer mentioned. GIA grades only RB's for cut grade so no input from GIA.
The inclusions look very minor on the inclusion plot.
Smaller table percentage.
Crown height 11.9% on AGS cert.
The .996 is an undersize, going over the 1.0ct barrier only adds a price premium that you really can't see with one's eyes.
JA stone is only very good symmetry/polish grade on the GIA cert.

The only negative thing i can be picky about in the BN stone is 1.02 L/W ratio. I was very picky when I chose my princess in getting a completely square stone.

I would personally feel more confident in the BN stone simply for the AGS cert; and the AGS 0 cut grade. i'm sure that the AGS 0 will look dazzling.

The final question is whether you are OK with getting an undersize, which I personally have no objections to. I had a goal of getting a 1/2 ct. solitaire for my ER, and was able to swing a signature ideal cut, D color and VS2 with the money I saved by going with a .45 ct undersize instead of the .50 from BN.

I originally had selected a .53 princess with very good cut, but compared to the .45 it was only like .1mm smaller in each direction, I doubt many people could truly notice the difference with their naked eye even if they were worn on adjacent fingers.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like the 1.02 G VS2 from JA a lot. Very pretty.

The .99 from BN might be nice, too.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Request an aset image for the JA stone. It looks very nice. The AGS0 should be a nice stone also...(I just hate not seeing
what I'm buying when it comes to a fancy cut but *shouldnt* be a problem with this stone).

Belgianbillie

Rough_Rock

I think I will take the BN stone.

I seem to find the ring settings at BN nicer than at JA. Am i the only one?

Thanks a lot for all your help guys.

druidtime

Rough_Rock

Belgianbillie|1306761825|2933625 said:
I think I will take the BN stone.

I seem to find the ring settings at BN nicer than at JA. Am i the only one?

Thanks a lot for all your help guys.

I think you'll really love your stone and ring.

I'm sure this one will be as nice (or nicer) than their signature collection. All of the specs fall within their range for signature selection, its just coming from somewhere else instead.

When I ordered mine I got a signature stone which is in-stock so I got it mounted on the setting and received it the next day, which was satisfying for a major purchase!

here is the stone i selected. http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-search?saction=PAGE&startIndex=0#diamonds_pid=LD01695706

i like the smaller table you chose. i've seen a 1/2 ct ring with a table in about the 50% range and i actually liked the way it looked against my 67% next to it, but i'm still very very happy with my choice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results