shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking at Tiffany

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

loking4the dimond

Rough_Rock
I have an appointment at Tiffany''s next week and want to know what I can expect for a price. I am looking a a classic setting with gold and probably around .75 to .85 carats can anyone give any advice?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
You will find out when you get there :) Pricing will be determined by color and clarity in addition to price at Tiffany''s.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well a .5 carat in YG at Tiffs starts at $2,590. And a 1 carat starts at $7.3k. Now that would be for the absolute lowest color and clarity they carry-which you may not be able to get in your desired size during your time frame. Hope that helps.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/21/2009 12:30:35 AM
Author: CharmyPoo
You will find out when you get there :) Pricing will be determined by color and clarity in addition to price at Tiffany''s.
Ditto Charmy.

loking4the dimond

Rough_Rock
Thanks CharmyPoo and Lorelei for your reply but that really doen''t answer my question.

And neatfreak I can read the website as well as you I was looking for info beyond that.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/21/2009 9:18:53 AM
Author: loking4the dimond
Thanks CharmyPoo and Lorelei for your reply but that really doen't answer my question.

And neatfreak I can read the website as well as you I was looking for info beyond that.
I think you are asking for info that we just can't provide, when you go for your appointment they will be in a much better position than us to advise on pricing.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2009 11:12:40 PM
Author:loking4the dimond
I have an appointment at Tiffany''s next week and want to know what I can expect for a price. I am looking a a classic setting with gold and probably around .75 to .85 carats can anyone give any advice?
Skip the appointment Tiffany''s is way overpriced and the quality is inconsistent certainly not the same as a siganture ideal round from PS vendors like GOG, WF, or BGD.

Collee

Shiny_Rock
WOW! Bit of a snippy reply, L4TD.

Since Tiffany's is a little more discrete about offering info about their items online and the majority of PSers do not buy engagement rings from Tiffany's, the information that you will receive in re: your questions are going to be limited. As mentioned by CharmyPoo and Lorelei, the purpose of the appointment is to have the questions that you posed answered by the staff at Tiffany's

ITA with CCL's suggestion of looking elsewhere.

JoeNewbie11

Shiny_Rock
my advice, don''t buy there, it''s over-priced. Equal or greater quality diamonds and settings can be bought from PS vendors for a lower price.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I guess my point is that we can't really help you with pricing informaiton given just a carat range. Prices range greatly depending on the color and clarity you chose. The best is to go there and see for yourself.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Hm. Well, as others have said, you''re paying for the Tiffany experience, so we can''t adequately give you an answer. Only your Tiffany salesperson can do that and it will be highly dependent on the quality of the stone--which goes way beyond just size.

loking4the dimond

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 10:11:53 AM
Author: Collee
WOW! Bit of a snippy reply, L4TD.

Since Tiffany''s is a little more discrete about offering info about their items online and the majority of PSers do not buy engagement rings from Tiffany''s, the information that you will receive in re: your questions are going to be limited. As mentioned by CharmyPoo and Lorelei, the purpose of the appointment is to have the questions that you posed answered by the staff at Tiffany''s

ITA with CCL''s suggestion of looking elsewhere.

Wow I''m snippy because I question a response that provides me with no pertinent info, maybe I should look at at new site, I thought this was a site that helped people in there diamond purchases

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How's this?

Expect to pay 30 to 60% more for the Tiffany name even though it does not guarantee you will get the best-cut diamond.

I think most people who get a good diamond education wouldn't buy from Tiffany.
Sill some still would because they still highly value that brand.

That's your call.
But please make that call only AFTER learning tons about diamonds here.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 1:23:33 PM
Author: kenny
How's this?

Expect to pay 30 to 60% more for the Tiffany name and even that does not guarantee you get the best cut.
Yep! You can get twice the size elsewhere for the price you'll pay at Tiffany's for .75

loking4the dimond

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 1:23:33 PM
How''s this?

Expect to pay 30 to 60% more for the Tiffany name and even that does not guarantee you get the best cut.

Well it''s better then any other response I''ve got but I know there is a premium for a tiffany name but that is the expected but what would that cost be per the other c''s..

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/21/2009 1:30:35 PM

what would that cost be per the other c's..

Could you clarify that question?

Diamonds are not a commodity like gold.
Each one is unique so the value of each has an element of ambiguity to it.
Throw in the effect on price of a high-end vendor and all bets are off.
Lab grading is an attempt to explain some of what determines a price but can't nail it down with absolute precision for comparison purposes.

I suspect you are looking for information that nobody here could possibly have, and you'd have to do a lot of homework to assemble for yourself.
Sorry, but that's how it is.

Here's what I'd do if I was a scientific-type like you. (Actually, I am, and this is what I did.)
Temporarily "buy" a top-cut diamond or two from a top pricescope vendor.
Take them into Tiffany and compare them to what they have.
Laugh your butt off at the results.
Leave with your diamonds that blew theirs out of the water for a much lower price.

Even if you still want the Tiffany (which I'd doubt) return the stone to the PS vendor in the allotted time.
This exercise will have only costed you about $100 for shipping.
$100 is a very small price to pay for how sure you will be, and what you will learn.

loking4the dimond

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 1:37:48 PM
Date: 11/21/2009 1:30:35 PM

what would that cost be per the other c''s..

Could you clarify that question?

Diamonds are not a commodity like gold.

Each one is unique so the value of each has an element of ambiguity to it.

Throw in the effect on price of a high-end vendor and all bets are off.

Lab grading is an attempt to explain some of what determines a price but can''t nail it down with absolute precision for comparison purposes.

I suspect you are looking for information that nobody here could possibly have, and you''d have to do a lot of homework to assemble for yourself.

Sorry, but that''s how it is.

No I''m asking for... you paid or looked at at a "vs1 G at 10500" or what ever I don''t don''t undstand how that could be a complicated question I know the 4''cs come into question but I have taken on of the c''s out of question and was wondering an v=average of what the cost would be for the other c''s with in a range

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just do a price comparison using the tool. https://www.pricescope.com/panning.aspx

You will see the range of prices even for stones of the same specs.

Stop being so snippy when you are asking for advice.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh.
Is this your question? . . .

If a G VS1 of a certain weight costs $10,500 at Tiffany then what would be Tiffany's prices for the following diamonds of the same weight? . . .

D VS1
E VS1
F VS1
G VS1 $10,500
H VS1
I VS1

G IF
G VVS1
G VVS2
G VS1 $10,500
G VS2
G SI

Is this your question?
If so, only Tiffany has those prices.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
You obviously don''t understand how complex your question is, so I suggest you do a lot more education before you question the generous advice of the people on this board.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Search Tiffany & co on this forum''s search field - it will yield all kinds information good/bad and some price points too. BTW I''m :10 from Tiff''s - I can stick my head in and get you an idea for comparison. When this upcoming appt?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
loking: I understand your frustration. It will be of value to lurk and read the informational resources provided by PS before you go to Tiffany''s...or purchase any diamond from anywhere. I bought from Tiffany''s and took it back. For less than the cost I paid at Tiffany''s for .37 and .37 studs (but they were the Legacy studs
30.gif
), I was able to enjoy two pairs of diamond studs weighing .57 .59 and .71 .72 Ideal triple ex''s with a blessing on cut quality from the experts here. If that doesn''t persuade you, then I don''t know what will.

You will have the champagne experience with Tiffany, and if that is what you want, you shouldn''t let anyone stop you. However, if your goal is to get the most beautiful diamond and the most bang for your buck with other options and demonstrate that you weren''t drawn in blindly by a label, then I suggest that you take the time to make this purchase with the research that your hard earned money deserves. (Unless you plucked that 10K off a tree, and then...well I''d still skip Tiffiany''s and buy the HOF''s I have been drooling over)

Before you can get valuable answers, you need to figure out the right questions.
9.gif

Lucie

Rough_Rock
These people who have responded to your question with "no pertinent info" are under no obligation to help you at all and are doing so out of kindness. I just think you should realize that and be appreciative of anyone who takes the time to try to help out a perfect stranger, even if it wasn''t exactly the answer you were looking for.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seriously??? You are just being rude. We tried to help you as best we could. You don't need to be rude or else you WILL get rude responses.

I don't understand in the least how my response to you was deserving of such a rude response from you. You asked for prices, and I gave them to you. How am I supposed to be a mind reader and know that you expected a perfect answer with perfect prices for every carat weight possible in your range? How dare me.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 3:14:16 PM
Author: neatfreak
Seriously??? You are just being a jerk. We tried to help you as best we could. You don''t need to be rude or else you WILL get rude responses.

I don''t understand in the least how my response to you was deserving of such a rude response from you.

Wow, I just read his response.
7.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Ignore him, neatfreak. Not worth your time.
29.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Hi, OP, we have a nice community here of people who help each other out. You asked a very complex question and then smacked down someone who tried to help. We don't play like that here. People who know a great deal about diamonds would love to help you just because they are nice folks. You must run in circles where people are just blunt and rude, this is not that place. Do your research, you asked a complex question (whose answer is obviously a secret) and are getting answers to the larger issues surrounding this. You can hear peoples' insight or keep acting inappropriately.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't mind people's various styles.
I'm rather blunt myself.

I just try to answer the question or get it clarified if needed.

Sometimes people get frustrated when they have trouble articulating their thoughts in a field they are not familiar with.
This can be hard to understand and frustrating to people who DO understand a great deal of that field.

But yes, patience and good manners helps.
I have to watch myself too.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Time to pull out the trusty Magic 8 Ball....and Linda''s bat!
9.gif

Lori

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
rollpin.gif
How about a rolling pin instead?
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results