shape
carat
color
clarity

Look who is the Poster Child........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
for the Children''s Miracle Network!!
Angello!!!
We were asked to share our story and some pics of Angello.
They loved it so much that he''s going to be the face for the fundraising
campaign this year. I think they made a wise choice!
2.gif
35.gif

miracle network.JPG

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Nan, Angello is clearly the PERFECT choice--there is no substitute!!! What a great cause and who better to represent it?! Go, Angello, our little model!!!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Nan, that is awesome; he is such an inspiration to many!!! Yay gorgeous Angello; he is the perfect choice!!
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How wonderful is that!?! I actually do a bit of work with a raffle in my area that donates many thousands of dollars to our local Children's Memorial Hospital (I think we're close to 2 million at this point) and I could not be happier to see your little munchkin on this poster!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Nan, that is just incredible.

By the way your cherry pics were great but the ones of the kids were even more gorgeous!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

He looks so happy with that gorgeous smile--he makes everyone else happy too!
36.gif

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
They made a great choice, who better to serve as the poster child than Angello!!! I'm sure his story will be an inspiration to all!!!

Seems like that was ages ago when I saw him in the hospital. What an amazing kid he is. And for anyone that doesn't know, Angello is quite the chatter box. He's come so far. What a blessing he is. Just love him so!!!
12.gif

Nan you have done such a great job, you win my vote for best MOM.
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
thanks curlygirl, dee-jay, skippy, Diamondfan,
Sharon, Lisa---we are so excited to see him in local stores.
Our little celebrity.
we are grateful that they saved our angel!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome tribute too our little fighter!!!!
and yes everyone who was here at that time claims him as their own!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
thank you storm- that's very sweet.
If it hadn't been for all the support from PS- his momma
would have lost it!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, how wonderful is that! He clearly is the most perfect choice, just look at that beautiful little face!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nan, you are a STRONG lady and a terrific mom, and friend, I am sure.

Angello is blossoming because of you too! Great medical care was essential, but you are his mom. You play such a role. I cannot wait to keep hearing great reports about him, and your other kids too!

sera

Ideal_Rock
What a touching story and a beautiful boy!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Angello IS a superstar!
36.gif

Nan, you are such an incredible mother and your children are a testament to your parenting excellence. Way to go! This is just so inspiring!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
that smile brings joy to my heart!

movie zombie

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
He is so darling!
36.gif

He just warms my heart
1.gif

Yay for Angello!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
oh nan!! that is so nice...Angelo is a wonderful boy and an inspiration to me many!! they definatley made the right choice...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nan, he looks GREAT !!!! They could NOT have made a better choice, bless him!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Storm is right, for those of us who have been here a while, we have watched him go through so much, Angello is very dear to us!
emrose.gif
And his Mother of course!
emlove.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful.

Congrats to you and your family.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nan, I knew Angelo had problems, but I was never sure as to exactly what it/they were, and I didn''t want to ask. I read the little bio, and was humbled. He really started out with the chips stacked against him. But obviously, with excellent doctors, and an outstanding set of parents, he is the beautiful, happy, living result of real perseverance, hope and love.

From one mother to another, you have my utmost respect, and congratulations!
emrose.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As everyone else has said, Angello is the perfect choice - truly a miracle.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I''m so overwhelmed by all your fantastic words of encouragement.
It''s because of the great support I received here (and kicks in the pants from *cough* Lisa)
that I''ve been able to maintain any sort of sanity.

Please, I don''t want to come across the wrong way but Angello is quite
the charmer. I guess it''s the one-two punch combo of the eyes and the smile.
9.gif

Whenever I bring him in to school everyone greets him and gives him a hug.
I have even been told that some of the volunteers and aides request to be put in "Angello''s" class.
For all that he has been through he is so deserving of all this special attention.
He always has a bright smile and greets the day with such excitement.
I''ll be very sorry to leave this school in June. They have been with him since day one when they
sent out the first Physical therapist at about two months of age.
I remember that day so well. I had his hands bound in those sleeve-ends at the end of the gown
because God forbid he pull out that damned feeding tube. We spent many hours in the ER just because
his feeding tube would have to be replaced under x-ray.

So the pt came out to the house telling me to free his hands, stretch him out so his scar tissue wouldn''t stiffen,
lie him on his stomach (huh????), and so many other things that totally went against my ''baby in a bubble'' mentality.
I was so scared to care for this little helpless baby; with the eleven different meds, one of which was a wean schedule off Methadone- the poor kid was wacked out from all the pain meds. And of the oxygen- that Damned oxygen!! DH had a tubing system through out the house that was quite clever. I would have just put him in the bubble and watched him.
Thank God those therapists and surgeons reminded me that he was a ''baby'' and not a medical condition.
I have said it before and I still believe- how did this wonderful human being end up with shmuck like me! (but I''m so glad he did)
41.gif

Thanks to all.

angbearskin.JPG

jas

Brilliant_Rock
I loved opening this thread this morning and seeing that infectious smile...it makes it easier to believe in miracles! What an amazing story, and what an amazing family you have!

Thank you for sharing.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
This announcement made my day!
Every time I think of him or see his face here my heart fills with smiles!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
What a touching story! As a mommy, this stuff gets me all emotional. What a sweet-heart and the perfect poster-child!!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
How wonderful!!! I''m wiping away the tears of joy here. Congrats to your Superstar!

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Sevens one -

Thank you thank you thank you.

I''m very new to PS but have seen your past threads before and I am just in love with Angelo!

Your story inspires so much faith, hope and love.

I have virtually the same ICU pictures of my son, who is now four. He has had one open heart surgery, and from day to day we have no idea if/ when he will need another. He also has had 20 min of CPR and 1 1/2 hrs of cardiac massage, 60 hrs of ECMO, and weeks and weeks of living in the hospital. All kids are miracles but these kids have fought so hard to be here and suffered more than most people ever have. My son is thankfully just thriving now and we focus on every present moment, but if I''m honest I always have that mother''s fear inside wondering if this is the last day with my baby. I try not to dwell on the fear, mostly because our son deserves happy and healthy parents. It took us 6 years to have him and he''s our only child.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. This story has so much personal meaning to me and just speaks a language I know, right to my heart. Hip Hip Hooray Angelo! You are such a beautiful angel on earth!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Angelo, and the campaign, are so beautiful. you must be all kinds of proud right now!
2.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
That''s such a touching and inspiring story--congratulations to Angelo! What a blessing to have him in your life.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh Nan! How touching and wonderful!

Angello''s story is sure to bring hope and joy to so many other families just like yours... what a powerful testimony to the strength of the human spirit -- Angello''s, AND his family''s.

Thank you for sharing.

Hugs and kisses to sweet Angello!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results