shape
carat
color
clarity

Look what PS has done to me...

happybear

Shiny_Rock
What started off as a simple search for my dream ering has turned into something of an addiction!

The day I found PS, I was overwhelmed by the amount of information, guidance and friendliness the forum provided. I'd visit this site almost everyday. It was also here where I learnt about BGD. Lesley was such an angel and had to put up with my antics. There was even a point of time when I considered the diamond I had chosen was too warm and wanted to exchange to a smaller but whiter diamond. But everything has turn out well in the end. :appl:

I collected my ering from my jeweler's yesterday and I LOVE my ring! :razz:

It has been quite an arduous journey, from choosing the vendor, the diamond, the jeweler, the design, etc, but it made it more worthwhile. I almost cried when I collected my ring!

So now, some photos...

Some handshots....

Of course, with all the beautiful blings I've seen here in PS, I couldn't help myself and purchased more than just my ering.
I also had a pair of studs from BGD and purchased a transition cut diamond ring from JbEG. :???:

Ering.jpg

Ering Handshot.jpg

Diamond Purchases.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Happybear! You have some beautiful pieces! Your e-ring is lovely!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on your engagement ring, it is gorgeous, as are the other pieces you purchased! The PS bug bit you hard! ;))

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, such lovely sparklies! ::)

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am totally in love with your engagement ring :love: If i ever reset my ER's diamond, i want a setting exactly like yours :appl: A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. :appl:

Attached

Rough_Rock
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that has caught the PS bug. I just gotten my engagement ring about a month now and I already want an upgrade :Up_to_something: but I can't let my fiancé now that YET because he wants to upgrade my earrings right now. You have got some nice pieces there!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, your ering is just gorgeous!!! I really, really love the setting - a lot! All your pieces are so pretty. You have a lovely collection! Diamonds can be very addicting ::)

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! Beautiful jewelry....PS causes a 'fever', its SOOOO hard to look at everyone's beautiful stuff, to learn so much information, and then to be presented with such excellent vendors without purchasing more than originally intended! I have bought a few peices myself since I signed on looking for e-ring info a few months ago....and I intend to keep buying!!!! i LOOOOVE it here!

And to add: I think the ladies that earn PS gifts for their contribution here SOOOOOO DESERVE it AND MORE!! In the past 2 months I have purchased almost $20,000. worth of stuff from PS vendors when I orignally was going to spend $7500 at Costco (not saying there is anything wrong w/Costco btw, but i feel PS vendors are a safer choice for me). IT IS A DIRECT RESULT OF THE POSTERS HERE AT PS. I am SURE that I am not the only one!!

The title of this thread "Look what PS has dome to me..." is PERFECT!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love your setting!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
Can you tell us the stats on your diamond? I ask because you mentioned you were considering the larger stone, lower color or a smaller stone, higher color. I'm having this dilemma myself and wanted to know what color your stone is, because it's gorgeous!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!! Your setting is gorgeous! It makes your lovely diamond pop! The prongs are what I want to get. Congrats! :appl:

stci

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful and you have a great collection! Congrats!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!!! Your other pieces are lovely, too! :love: And welcome to Jeweryholics Anonymous! :bigsmile:

happybear

Shiny_Rock
Aww.... Thanks, everyone! :wavey:

I'm really happy I took this route of getting a diamond online from a reputable vendor and designing the ring from scratch. It's so fulfilling and I learnt what my preferences are. I couldn't have done it without PS.

I keep admiring & looking at my ering since yesterday. My fiancé can't see how a piece of jewelry can make me so happy and put such a silly grin on my face everytime I look at it! :D

karpouzi: My ering stats is 1.213ct I VS2. I started a thread in Rocky Talk some time back which I posted the details. Choosing a diamond can be so difficult, isn't it? Good luck!

Now, for my next project, I hope to get an OEC to be made into a pendant! But I'd need to save up first... The studs & tranny ring has taken a dip into my savings and I need to build it up again before my next purchase. :$$):
Oh, and I'd like to own some colored stone pieces some day too! Gosh, this is really turning into an addiction! But I'm glad I'm not alone.... :twisted:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow very pretty ring!!!!!

lapelirroja

Shiny_Rock
Amazing! Where is the setting from? Is it custom?

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Happybear.....your ering is stunning. I love the design and the scroll work. :love: :love: The other pieces you selected are beautiful too. With all the beautiful pieces posted here, PS can certainly cause an addiction to sparklies!!!! :naughty:

happybear

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! Thank you! :razz:

Yes, the setting is custom made. I spent alot of time browsing through the different settings available in the internet. In the process I filtered out what I liked - a more flowy design with some millgrain and filligree. So I went to my jeweler's and see what normal settings they had and improve from there.

I was rather apprehensive at first as my jeweler doesn't do any CAD. He just drew out a rough sketch as I explain to him what look I wanted. It turned out exactly what I had told him! Well, almost exactly... I wanted it in platinum but he did it in WG instead. Though he offered to redo for me, I was too in love with the ring and just couldn't wait another 3 weeks to wear it! :bigsmile:

happybear

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I wanted to edit my earlier post to include my ering size in the stats but don't know how...

It should be about US size 7, if I didn't get the conversion wrong. :tongue:

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! That's BGD setting is amazing! I'd love to see more pictures of the basket. Wonderful job!

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
Wow, your ring is so ornate and beautiful! You are a lucky duck to be getting so many beautiful things at once :)

happybear

Shiny_Rock
iota15|1301287123|2881617 said:
WOW! That's BGD setting is amazing! I'd love to see more pictures of the basket. Wonderful job!

Thanks, iota!
I didn't get the setting done at BGD though. I bought it loose and set it with a local jeweler in Singapore where I live as I was afraid I'd get the sizing wrong.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS has obviously done only good things to you - your new ring is stunning!! Your jeweller did a fantastic job with this one :love: :love:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results