shape
carat
color
clarity

Look what I just got in the mail from Sarah at Kojima!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
I have spent the last 12 months searching high and low for the perfect jewellery to wear at my wedding in July. I was looking for something elegant and timeless but a little bit quirky, so eventually I contact Sarah at Kojima to see what she had available. Nothing more elegant and timeless than pearls, right?!

Sarah has the patience of a saint! We went through a number of iterations and we swapped emails while Sarah was in Hong Kong and then all of one weekend. In the end I decided to get a 16 inch strand of silvery Tahitians with a matching bracelet (7 inches) and earrings.

From memory, the pearls are around 8-11mm (although the ones at the back of the bracelet are a little smaller, I think, as they were supplemented after I broke up an original strand). The service I was offered at Kojima was second to none and I will be back to purchase more once funds are replenished :Up_to_something:

Anyway, enough talk! Here are the pictures. It's my first time taking pics of pearls so let me know if I should adjust my technique :bigsmile: I tried the white paper towel and then figured a white plate might be nicer!

DSC01631.JPG

DSC01623.JPG

DSC01635.JPG

DSC01634.JPG

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
There are two things that I LOVE LOVE LOVE about this set. The first is the lavender knots. Sarah had the original strand knotted on lavender cord and I loved it. It's subtle but really interesting in person.

My second favourite part of the necklace/bracelet combo is the clasp. Sarah sourced me the most spectacular clasps which suit me down to the ground. They are like little jelly beans that have a crocodile mouth that hinges opens to swallow the pin. That's the best way I can describe it. Basically it means I can put the bracelet on with one hand- super important!

So that was my mind-blowing first pearl experience! How did I do?

DSC01640.JPG

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your upcoming wedding.

You did a fabulous job. I think it's very trendy to have Tahitian pearls for your wedding instead of white or cream color pearls. As a matter of fact, one of my favorite vendors has pictures of their Tahitian at a wedding expo on their facebook.

I like the clasp. It's annoying having problem putting on a bracelet with clasp by yourself. You can probably join the bracelet and necklace together to lengthen it, if desired. The clasps will be near the back of your neck. Great choice with the lustrous and smooth pearls. I like the way she matched it. Not all pearls are the same colors but there is symmetry on both sides with the slight difference when the pearl colors change. Will you have tiny lavender colors in your bouquet?

Thanks for the pre-breakfast treat this morning! And again, you and Sarah did a fabulous job. :appl:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I love that set. Silver baroque Tahitians are my favorites and are incredibly beautiful and versitile. You will get a lot of use from that set post wedding.

I have pearls from Sarah (Tahitians and a nifty rope), and I love her classic with a twist style. Fits my taste as well.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS! :cheeky: :cheeky:

I love the colored knots, more than I thought I would. And what a fabulous clasp!

They are really lovely, welcome to pearls! I would LOVE to see a wedding picture (you can obscure your face for internet privacy) of you with these pearls! :appl:

You made an excellent choice and I they are gorgeous! :love:

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, HHPmom, Fly Girl and iLander. You all have such fabulous pearl taste that I feel honoured you like my selection! Of course, Sarah really deserves all the credit here. She is a sweetheart.

HHPmom, I don't have any lavender in my boquet as yet. I'm predominently doing deep pink tulips, with a little bit of orange and yellow mixed in. Perhaps I should rethink this a little...

I am definitely excited about getting use out of the set post-wedding, Fly Girl. Off topic, but do I recall correctly that you visit Oshkosh for the airshow occasionally? My FI went a couple of years ago (no mean feat all the way from Australia!) and was very excited to see a fellow plane lover on my jewellery forum :bigsmile:

iLander, thanks for your lovely comments. I will definitely post some wedding pictures when I get them. Less than 6 weeks to go now!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Echidna|1306812929|2934249 said:
Fly Girl. Off topic, but do I recall correctly that you visit Oshkosh for the airshow occasionally? My FI went a couple of years ago (no mean feat all the way from Australia!) and was very excited to see a fellow plane lover on my jewellery forum :bigsmile:

Absolutely, I get to the Oshkosh airshow as often as possible. DH and I have stayed in the dorms the last two years, and are going again this year. My favorite Aussie memory was at breakfast at the Commons. The college runs a grill, cooking eggs to order, and everyone was ordering "Over Easy". Over Easy is flipping the egg as soon as the white is beginning to cook and cooking just enough that the yolk is still runny. The Aussie is watching this and trying to figure out what to say and when it is his turn he orders, "Not Over Easy". The lady running the grill smiles and says, "We call that 'Sunny Side Up'."

Give your soon-to-be DH a wave from a fellow flyer. May your life together stay Sunny Side Up. :wavey:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're Lovely! :love: :appl: What a perfectly elegant set!

-A

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pearls!! I have one freshwater necklace from kojima and it far exceeded my expectations. I hope your wedding is all you dreamed of!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results