shape
carat
color
clarity

Look what I got to try on today!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I am pondering my next purchase (will do a separate thread about that), and was in a local jewelry store to try things on this afternoon. I really didn’t stay long, but before I left, I complimented a gorgeous (huge) emerald cut engagement ring. The sales associate who was helping me pulled it out of the case and let me try it.

Behold, 11 carats of emerald cut deliciousness. The center was warm. It’s a K. I can’t remember the clarity. They had it marked as 300k. I assumed when he handed it to me that 11 carats would look ridiculous on my hand...but I think I could pull this off (you know, in an alternate universe when my garden has a money tree). Size 6.25-ish finger, usually wear a 6.5 for the knuckle, just for reference.

Oh....I should add....that tennis bracelet you see on the bottom corner of the last photo? HOLY COW, y’all. Every stone was 1 carat and IF. I did not get a photo b/c I was rushing to pick my kids up from school. But DAMN.

66047713-9824-4C4F-9984-19C48E76821A.jpeg AF145DEB-F76A-491A-B9D0-5FAE80C0B869.jpeg A0802F27-17D7-4028-B9DD-E98DA6BDD4D0.jpeg 62D72DC0-6458-4AA9-9733-D102317CD0A2.jpeg 165D7A85-1FBE-4D6E-A54A-592ABAB62939.jpeg

Looks like it was MADE for your hand, if that tempts you any ;-) gorgeous stone! but my heart belongs to that TDF tennis bracelet! And even more to that incredible looking tennis necklace! Don’t tell me that one is 1ct each too... I might never recover!! Stunning!!! I love playing at the jeweler’s as well :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! Dreamy ring. So elegant. Swoon! :love:

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like it was MADE for your hand, if that tempts you any ;-) gorgeous stone! but my heart belongs to that TDF tennis bracelet! And even more to that incredible looking tennis necklace! Don’t tell me that one is 1ct each too... I might never recover!! Stunning!!! I love playing at the jeweler’s as well :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

I really didn’t leave enough time for this visit! I didn’t even notice the necklace while I was there if you can believe it. This was the first time I have set foot in a jewelry store since March and I didn’t want to linger too long....but I probably should have given myself a bit more time than I did. I forgot how fun it is to look.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I am totally in love with the ring. Definitely swoon worthy.

It was pretty fabulous! It seems like I have read more than a few times people here saying they would want a larger stone in a step cut, and it made me go OH, ok.

But I will never be rocking an 11 carat anything, so this will remain an afternoon of fun.

An interesting discussion (and I’m sure it has been had) would be along the lines of what would be the largest size stone you would be comfortable with for daily wear. Guessing people’s answer’s would change depending on cut.

I really didn’t leave enough time for this visit! I didn’t even notice the necklace while I was there if you can believe it. This was the first time I have set foot in a jewelry store since March and I didn’t want to linger too long....but I probably should have given myself a bit more time than I did. I forgot how fun it is to look.

The last time I was in at the jeweler’s (over a year ago) he allowed me to try on a necklace he had just finished for a client. It was exquisite - multiple rows of diamonds, like a stack of tennis necklaces (4 rows in total), around 30cts. I almost fell over at being allowed to put that baby around my neck, and came closer to mentally committing a serious felony at that moment than I ever have before! So much fun was had that afternoon.

edit: to answer your question of the biggest size I’m willing to wear, the answer is “the biggest size someone is willing to give me” :D I think I could rock a 10ct no problem (though preferably in an elongated shape like ECs, ovals, pears). I don’t like MRBs when they get too big (not that I’d kick one out of bed if offered).

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
The last time I was in at the jeweler’s (over a year ago) he allowed me to try on a necklace he had just finished for a client. It was exquisite - multiple rows of diamonds, like a stack of tennis necklaces (4 rows in total), around 30cts. I almost fell over at being allowed to put that baby around my neck, and came closer to mentally committing a serious felony at that moment than I ever have before! So much fun was had that afternoon.

edit: to answer your question of the biggest size I’m willing to wear, the answer is “the biggest size someone is willing to give me” :D I think I could rock a 10ct no problem (though preferably in an elongated shape like ECs, ovals, pears). I don’t like MRBs when they get too big (not that I’d kick one out of bed if offered).

Oooooh, did you take a photo? A 30 carat necklace. The mind boggles!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the ring and that EC tennis bracelet, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was pretty fabulous! It seems like I have read more than a few times people here saying they would want a larger stone in a step cut, and it made me go OH, ok.

But I will never be rocking an 11 carat anything, so this will remain an afternoon of fun.

An interesting discussion (and I’m sure it has been had) would be along the lines of what would be the largest size stone you would be comfortable with for daily wear. Guessing people’s answer’s would change depending on cut.

I just posted in another thread that my dream diamond is an 11ct emerald cut. How awesome that you just found an amazing example! My finger size is 6 3/4, so I feel like I got to see what it would look like on my finger. I will never own anything close to that size, but it's fun to dream. Thanks for sharing.

Edit to say, if I could afford it and insure it, I would wear it daily.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
How FUN! what a fabulous excursion. that 11ct emerald cut looks spectacular on you!!

i have never considered a diamond tennis/line bracelet for myself as most on the market are of mrb BUT an emerald cut diamond bracelet would be so AMAZIING!!! just look at that FIRE jumping off each of the stones!!

was the bracelet prong set or partial bezels?? i can't tell from the image...

THANKS so much for sharing!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tonks, it's fabulous and it's you!
You simply must buy it.

Oooooh, did you take a photo? A 30 carat necklace. The mind boggles!

He doesn’t allow photos :cry: I felt like telling him “if you’re afraid I’ll copy the design you don’t have to stress - I’d need to afford it too!”

voce

Ideal_Rock
He doesn’t allow photos :cry: I felt like telling him “if you’re afraid I’ll copy the design you don’t have to stress - I’d need to afford it too!”

Well, if you posted the picture on PS and somebody else, not you, copied it, how can you claim that no harm was done?

Creative design is intellectual property, only they're not necessarily protected by patents.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Wow....that rock becomes you! I agree with Kenny, you MUST get it!

Well, if you posted the picture on PS and somebody else, not you, copied it, how can you claim that no harm was done?

Creative design is intellectual property, only they're not necessarily protected by patents.

Good point, one I hadn’t considered! I don’t post pics from a safety POV anyway, but I didn’t think about the intellectual property angle.

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks a-may-zing on you! I tried on a 10.38 ct emerald cut at Sotheby’s a couple of years ago, and I did think it was a bit large, but hey, if I owned it, I’d wear it everyday.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried this baby on but cannot find the photo of me wearing it. However for your viewing pleasure may I present The Newton Diamond. This pic is from 2015/2016 I believe. One of the jewelry shows I attended. Swoon.

20.75EMERALDCUTDIAMOND.JPEG

20.75deliciouscaratsofemeraldgoodness.jpg

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Tonks, it's fabulous and it's you!
You simply must buy it.

Ok, Kenny, you’ve talked me into it....if you write the check. :lol:

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I tried this baby on but cannot find the photo of me wearing it. However for your viewing pleasure may I present The Newton Diamond. This pic is from 2015/2016 I believe. One of the jewelry shows I attended. Swoon.

20.75EMERALDCUTDIAMOND.JPEG

20.75deliciouscaratsofemeraldgoodness.jpg

*THUD*

That is STUNNING. It led me to google the size of the Krupp. It was 33 carats. Those are some serious stones.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
*THUD*

That is STUNNING. It led me to google the size of the Krupp. It was 33 carats. Those are some serious stones.

I’d be happy with either. :kiss2: :halo:

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE that ring!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring and the bracelet together would look amazing on you! Ask for them for the holidays! :lol-2:

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
You need this, it just hugs your finger. Divine

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
I’m a little jelly you got to try on my dream ring, @Tonks! If it had straight baguette cut sides, that would be Grace Kelly’s ER right there. It looks great on you! Something to consider? ;)2

But to your point re daily wear, I’d totally rock that size of a ring every single day. Heck, I’d sleep in it, bathe with it, take the trash wearing it. That baby ain’t leaving my finger. Ever. Thanks for sharing these photos!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I were to win the MegaMillions I’d dedicate at least $1 million to bling but given my taste for all things huge it will probably only extend to a ring and a bracelet!:lol-2:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is killing me!!! Thanks for sharing, everyone! It's totally whetting my appetite for my hopefully future EC ring next year, though of course it will be nowhere near the size of these gigantor boulders :lol:

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness!!! That ring, bracelet and necklace are TDF. I love the ring on you. You can pull that off.

For me, my 3ct OEC still looks really big to me (not that it's a bad thing) so I think that's my personal limit. For a step cut, I could go larger. If I could afford an 11 ct, I'd also hire a part time body guard and wear that baby 24/7.

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
Seriously love large EC diamonds:kiss2:. Tonks that size looked perfect on your hand. Not too big at all, just very elegant and timeless.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results