shape
carat
color
clarity

Look at this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KaratKarl

Rough_Rock
I''m purchasing this round brilliant diamond with:
Measurments:8.01-8.04x4.93
weight:1.90
depth:61.4%
table:57.7%
girdle:TN-MF
Culet:none
polish:VG
symmetry:G
clarity:SI2
color:G
Fluorescence:none
crown:34.3''
pavil:41.5''
I''m paying 9,200.00 for this diamond and it''s GIA certified. Does anyone have any opinions on this. I haven''t seen the diamond yet, but I''m sending it to an independent appraiser. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Karl

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Are you Rock-man???

BTW, the stone doesn't sound very good from the numbers... Maybe pretty, but surely not exceptional. Try to look for lower pavilions... 41.1' or less, preferably.

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
Karl -

I did a search here and your price is about the going rate for that stone. Since it is a GIA cert, I am assuming one of the vendors called the stone in and had a Sarin run. If your Sarin information is correct, this diamond will probably not be the greatest performer. The HCA is 5.4 for this stone and it is being driven by the pavilion angle.

It would help to know what is the main driver in your purchase? In other words, is budget limiting you? Do you want a certain size stone? How about your limits for color and clarity? Knowing that would help others to find you the "perfect" diamond.

It will be interesting to see what your independent appraiser says. Are they one of the appraisers listed here at pricescope?

Good luck.
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results