shape
carat
color
clarity

Look at this amazing ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pinkdreamer

Rough_Rock
I saw this ring last night, and my heart skipped a beat! I dreamt about it all night, which must mean something. I've been looking at pink sapphire or spinel for my engagement ring, and I think this is THE ONE. The two blue sapphire bands on the sides are the wedding bands... I can just imagine having a pink set AND a white sap. set (can we say anniversary present!?).... heaven. How do you all think it would look in a light(ish) pink color and platinum? You can see more pictures and details here: http://www.topazery.com/antique-jewelry-item-rg2022.htm

Thanks!

rg2022-2.jpg

pinkdreamer

Rough_Rock
Here is another view of the rings separately. Look at the detail!

rg2022-8.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I LOOOOVE this set and I think it would make a great wedding set, in blue, or pink!! MAybe someone can photoshop it for you ...
31.gif

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
That makes my heart go pitter pat!

I love that the rings are separate and you could wear them in different combinations.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
please tell if you''d like a different pink
35.gif

PinkTopazery.jpg

pinkdreamer

Rough_Rock
WOW!!!! That is fantastic!!! Thanks Irina! Could you also make it in a little lighter pink? Somewhere between that vibrant pink and a morganite pink? You''re amazing!

pinkdreamer

Rough_Rock
Perfect! Thank you!!

I have been reading a lot about the use of gemstones in e-rings and their durability. I would really like to go with a spinel, as I think I can get more for my money (plus, then I could get a Richard Homer
30.gif
!!). Please give me your honest opinions... are spinels hard enough for everyday use? I am a teacher, so it''s not like I''m out rock climbing or anything.....

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
That ring is beautiful. Love the blue sapphire. Irina you are simply amazing. I also like the light pink sapphire.
30.gif

Linda

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I would think of customizing this ring, pinkdreamer, just bit - either setting it bezel or at lest making 6 air prongs instead of 4. How big do you think your spinel will be?
For the smaller one i would go with bezel and if it's more than say 3 ct - 6 prongs.

ETA: i don't think a sapphire of this color is too expensive and recommend you to shop around for a sapphire for the engagement ring if you not set on spinel.
it's also easier to find smaller sapphires for the bands, i never saw an eternity set with spinels.

pinkdreamer

Rough_Rock
I think I would like to go with a setting more like this one.... and probably less detail in general than this exact ring.

tifLegacyB.jpg

pinkdreamer

Rough_Rock
Oh, and I''m thinking less than 3 carats... more like 2.5 or so, and in an antique cushion cut if I can swing it!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
That *is* a beautiful ring!!! I love the bands with it, and it looks great in pink as well!

pinkdreamer

Rough_Rock
I am hoping for something in the 8-8.5 mm area... I don''t want anything too huge for a daily wear ring. The diamond in the picture is a 2 carat, so it probably is a bit smaller, depending on the cut of the spinel (or sapphire).

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi pinkdreamer! thanks for posting the set. i love the original as its set in the blue. i understand your love of pink but that blue just looks stunning. i''ll watch to see how things turn out. i am sure the pink will be beautiful if you get it.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it with the blue or the pink!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE it. It is so unusual...

pinkdreamer

Rough_Rock
I really think someone should go pick this ring up... it's too yummy to not have a home! I would, if I weren't so darn allergic to nickel!

Has anyone ever seen an eternity set with spinels? I'm not commited to a spinel over a sapphire, I just would REALLY love a Richard Homer, and I'm not sure we could afford platinum, sapphire, and Richard!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2007 4:42:18 PM
Author: pinkdreamer
Please give me your honest opinions... are spinels hard enough for everyday use? I am a teacher, so it''s not like I''m out rock climbing or anything.....
With a hardness of 8 on the 1-10 Moh''s scale, and a "good" toughness on a scale of poor, fair, good, very good and excellent, spinel can weather most the traumas of every day wear. Much better than an emerald, for example.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2007 7:27:49 PM
Author: pinkdreamer
I really think someone should go pick this ring up... it''s too yummy to not have a home! I would, if I weren''t so darn allergic to nickel!

Has anyone ever seen an eternity set with spinels? I''m not commited to a spinel over a sapphire, I just would REALLY love a Richard Homer, and I''m not sure we could afford platinum, sapphire, and Richard!
Then i think it''s a good idea to talk to Richard first and give him time to find rough of the the color and the budget you have in mind. Don''t forget to show him your picture and make sure that he would take care of the stones for the bands, it''s just a thought but matching of the colors is important - this set is striking only if hue is the same.

pinkdreamer

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I really am just dreaming at this point, but maybe I''ll get ahold of Wink or someone who does custom work and get some prices. Are there any other really great custom guys (or girls!) out there?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
It''s really nice and would look great with any color. I love how the bands onn the side work at part of the ring. It would make a great e-ring or rhr.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful set - I love it even more in that dark pink mockup - holy moly it''s fantastic!!!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Have you ever been to this site www.antiqueengagementrings.com
Since you like topazery you might also like the stuff on that site too.

pinkdreamer

Rough_Rock
Thank you!! I will check it out! My main problem is that I have to have platinum (shoot, right?) and for whatever reason gemstone rings set in platinum seem to be rare. It is definitely great to get ideas from other places though!

On a side note, does anyone have any idea of how long it takes to have a ring custom made? I had my previous e-ring custom made, but he just ordered a stock mounting and diamond....

You guys are the best!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I think they can do settings in any metal.

pinkdreamer

Rough_Rock
I just meant rings straight off the rack, so to speak. They are generally pre-made in gold rather than platinum.

LittleRock

Shiny_Rock
LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!! Did I say I LOVE IT already???? Either way
9.gif

mara54

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I love this ring... I want one...lol no really I do. I like the blue and pink, maybe in yellow topaz too. Wow, looks great.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results